Need some advice...WRX vs. STI

Not a huge fan of either, but…Honestly,don’t know how anyone can buy a WRX when you know the STi is available.

It’s like being in a boxter and thinking it’s great and then pulling up next to a 911 at a light.

^most likely comes down to what you can or are willing to afford.

You should live the nyspeed dream 600 a month car payment and live at home at least you will have a sti lol

A lot of people willing to throw 10k around just to have the sti. Its not 10k of benefit and not worth another 200/month.

Plain and simple… this!

Ive owned an 05 STi for some time now and ill tell you, jumping from an 05 to my friends 10 was honestly the worst experience ever. They “oldmanified” the car and took a lot of the aggressiveness out of it. It was just sort of boaty and too smooth feeling. When you sat in an 05 STi vs an 05 WRX you saw and felt a clear cut hardcore difference. When it came time to buy my 11, im telling you, other than a few comfort features, the difference was negligible. Maybe negligible is a little dramatic but take it from a guy who tends to overpay for top-of-the-line anything… the STi is just not worth it for what you get in the WRX unless you really have the money to blow.

I am going with the WRX! I went to Northtown today and drove it, still had all the plastic on it :slight_smile: no miles…oh it was ment to be.

I will be picking it up this weekend!! Thanks for all of the advise…then STI I am sure is a great car but then WRX is more practical for me.

It is going to be very hard to keep it under 4k during the break in period haha!

Good call… congrats!!!

I think you were behind me at the light at millersport and Sheridan. I had a white touareg. Congrats on your upcoming purchase.

Good call. Like I said, it needs a tune after the break in period, sext me.

I feel you made the right choice. Congrats. Sexy car.

Post up a review in a few months after you have had it a bit…

I have kicking around new WRX vs couple year old 335i and a few other options.

:wink:

oof. What did you end up picking up trim wise? What did you end up paying? Northtown wouldn’t work with pricing when I gave them a go. West Herr is where it’s at.

Cousin with a blue wrx hatch just got his tuned, told him to goose you for me, catted DP only after tune was 300+ on Mikes rollers.

$26.5k base WRX nothing fancy…all weather mats, cargo tray and rear bumper covers.

My pops knows the GM so he is working on cutting a lil off the price.

It is nothing like that. They are two diff cars really ment to do diff things. That’s like saying how can you buy a z06 when the zr1 is available. I’d pull my 11wrx up to an 11sti any day of the week and prolly blow the doors off it. With not that much money my car is much faster, handles better and prolly stops almost as good as any Sti I would meet at a red light. You also can’t compare any sub 08 wrx’s to the new ones. The best thing about the Sti over the wrx is the Sti badge.

Just buy a Miata.

You should be paying below invoice… Make friends with Bob the service manager especially if you plan on modding the car. Congrats!

Edit after reading.

Congrats on the new car. :slight_smile:

thanks!

it was an exciting day…woke up this morning and went over to finalize the sale…signed all the papers, and picked up the car later on at 4 o’clock.

overall i am very pleased…mind you this is my first big purchase since graduating school and working my ass off…i have been driving a chevy cobalt, and other shit-tastic cars, for the past 5 years and i was about ready to kill myself/drive it off a cliff.

the ice silver color is awesome…it has a blue hue to it, i love it! the clear tail lights actually don’t bother me…maybe because of the color of the car, but i foresee myself getting the red overlays eventually.

love the sound of the engine/tranny/exhaust…even in stock form it has a nice tone.

interior is no-nonsense, not a lot going on, simple…exactly what i like!

yay!