Need some Chevy insight

I need some help with a couple issues in my DD. It’s a '90 Silverado rwd, with a TBI 305 with about 171k.

The last couple gas fill up’s(I shut off truck when I pump gas) and only an appearing problem after I pump gas, I go to start the truck up and the battery light comes on while my batt gauge reads 9v. Either the truck stalls or after less then a min the light goes away and the gauge returns to 14v.

I thought maybe battery or alt, but at idle I get a reading of 13.9-14.2v so now I believe it’s something else?

The other problem that developed over a month ago is the cold startups, the truck either stalls or wants to stall if I don’t give it gas then runs/drives like crap, It runs all sluggish like it’s missing if I floor it the truck goes no where and just makes a popping noise. Then it’ll run like a champ once the normal temp is reached.

In the last month, I’ve replaced, plugs and wires, fuel filter, had a lean o2 so has a new o2 sensor timing was checked and held stock 0 but I added a little bit more timing without getting knock, cleaned out the throttle body and the truck has not changed one bit. I tested the coolant temp sensor and it works fine.

Only thing I have not done is take the distributor cap off to check for crack though it looks fine, check rotor and dist it self. I also through up there maybe a bad fuel pump since it takes a while to start up when cold, even though it always had that problem since I bought it two years ago. The tbi doesn’t make it any easier to check fuel press either.

Sorry for the long post, I don’t really have the time to fuss around with this piece. I work everyday and barely have the freetime…

Any help is appreciated thanks.

If you want to check the fuel pressure I can help you out with that, I have a Master Fuel Pressure tester that can measure any of them.

The after fueling thing almost sounds like your tank sender or a wire involved with it is toasted.

Did you clean the IAC? I’m wondering if it’s stuck a little and works fine when you’re idling warm, but doesn’t flow enough air when it’s cold.

Thanks for the offer to help, I’m just gonna park the truck because it has gotten even worse. It’s makes a gun shot noise out the exhaust and now even when it’s warm it stalls making right turns, or at random times if I let off the throttle.

I’m gonna have to drop the gas tank cause now it’s most likey something with the fuel, brand new o2 sensor and it’s still throwing a lean issue on my scanner.

I just don’t have the time for this truck nor do I really want it, two years of hauling and it’s usage has pretty much paid itself off. Time to use the car.