Need some help from you guys (theft)

A buddy of mine had his 92 talon down at Extreme in Vandergrift (first mistake but that’s not the point) it was there 1 day/night to get wheels and tires they ordered for him put on. last night someone apparently stripped the car, they knew EXACTLY what they were taking as they left his 400-500 dollar stereo but took the cobalt gauges. He’s going to send me a complete inventory of what’s missing but here’s what i know for sure:

1G intercooler kit (piping and intercooler) it’s got the inlet and outlets that go through the frame into the engine bay isntead of side to side. about 6" tall and i’m pretty sure it’s 4" deep. the piping is black

Tial BOV

1G Fluidyne radiator

1G DSM translator (not sure on the version)

Silver Apexi AFC

Cobalt Boost gauge

Cobalt EGT gauge (missing the probe they left that)

1G “VIS” (vader i think it’s called) carbon fiber hood

There is suspicion that the shop was involved as his keys turned up missing and the shop claims he never gave them to them, yet the car was moved from where he left it and who leaves their car and doesn’t leave the keys when getting tires/wheels on. Also they’re trying to push him into filing the claim of theft with his own insurance company saying the shop won’t cover it. Brandons brother-in-law is a vandergrift police officer and the state police are already involved at this point. If anyone notices these things for sale locally or suddenly appear please let me know, he has yet to actually drive the car further than that shop. They apparently also left it “outside” for the night i’m not sure if they told him they would put it inside or not.

I can tell you after wrestling with that intercooler and having taken it off myself you aren’t getting it off reqires some extra long extensions and still took us over an hour to do in daylight. Someone knew what they were going after and got a ton of stuff taken in 1 night.

As he inventories i’ll update with stuff

Damn, sorry to hear, ill keep my eyes open out this way.

Should have told him about First Bass, overnight cars ALWAYS stay inside!!

i dindt’ even know he went to them at all, he said he was ordering wheels/tires and i figured it was from tirerack since that was the last place he linked me to wheels.

ill keep an eye out on ebay

damn that sucks… sorry to hear.

Yeah, just from your post it does sound like the shop may have been involved.

Good luck, hope whoever is responsible gets nailed.

the shop keeps claiming they aren’t responsible for insurance which is bullshit

I know my insurance will not cover the lot, as many will not. I aslo know that I wouldnt want to be involved in the theft of 3’gs worth of product, when id be risking my business’s future to do so.
My guess is an employee outside of the shops knowledge, and/or a customer with access to the vehicle keys.

Either way i to will search ebay,

Recently we had a Busher? exhaust for 1g DSM stolen from a truck bed during overnight, brand new still had the packing tape on it, never even bolted up.

so if anybody comes across that please let me know.

I hate Thieves!

someone knew the car was there to bring the right tools to take that stuff.

x2

extreme psi short route intercooler, and upper intercooler pipe
Fluidyne Radiator
Vic Invader CF Hood
Autometer Cobalt EGT Guage
Apexi SAFC 1
Tial Blow off Valve
Maf Translator
3" GM Maf
12" Slim Fans

my dad’s business insurance covers stuff like that(car left outside), i thought it was law?

I thought it was too, turns out EXTREME has NO insurance at all, none. not on vehicles inside or outside.

damn that totally sucks. hope he can track some of it down somehow or even find the bastard who stole everything.

-spatakula

looks like its time to call a lawyer

i have:) it just sux because that wont be a fast ordeal.

My insurance has interior and/or exterior, and being that I Lease the Building, I only need to cover the Building and its contents, My coverage is outragous, but it will not cover the lot, the lessor carries insurance on the property and the building, but I belive it to be differant coverage than mine.

Like a SNS or GE parking lot, “We are not responcible for items damaged or stolen from our lot”

But like I said before, Overnight vehicles are placed safly inside the shop, never outside.

When I called my lawyer, they said that when a car is under someone elses care, they must take all necessary steps to make sure that the car is safe. This place took none…and furthermore…i think they are the people that took the stuff. Like Kurt said, the intercooler had tbolt clamps on, you would need an 11mm deepwell socket or 11mm open end (that would take forever), and the intercooler clamps were at a wierd angle, it honestly would have taken a LONG time to loosen the clamps up, any typical theif would have been frustrated and moved on to something else. But whomever it was was able to aquire all of those things, as well as try and go for the turbo. Even with 2-3 people it would have taken a bit of time and chances are, someone would have seen them in the middle of the night with flashlights. Its not so hard to get parts off of a car though if it is in your car during daylight for a few hours.

I wouldnt be suprised if they pulled the car in the garage, unloaded all the goodies, pulled it back out to the lot and called it a night.