Need some job search help

[LEFT]I’m posting on here to see if any of you Nyspeeders can help me with my father’s job search, Well here’s the deal for this post to make sense I’ll have to give you alittle story/ back round info. My father worked as a auto tech at a local dealer for 26 years, well in 2005 he was hit by a car walking into work some high school kid not paying attention to what he was doing. He had to have major shoulder surgery.He was out of work for 3 years and doctors said he couldn’t go back to work, in 2008 he got a shitty min wage job to stay on his feet. He found a retraining program through NY state and he recently completed his CDL training and got his license. This is the reason I’m posting on here, he is striking out trying to find a job for months now. I figured with the huge auto community here that someone could help us out, with finding a truck driving job. If you can hep in any way please send me a PM and I can relay more in detail information. I do know he has his CDL with tanker and passenger endorsement.
[/LEFT]

good luck, has he considered going back to school to be an autotech teacher? that sounds like something he would be a shoe-in for with his experience

edit: ^truth.

take a drive down the truway, there are always signs on the back of semi’s saying they are hiring.

I swear I have seen a ‘cdl drivers needed’ sign someplace recent. Ill keep my eyes open. I have always wanted to drive a semi. lol

this may help…

http://buffalo.craigslist.org/search/?areaID=40&subAreaID=&query=CDL&catAbbreviation=jjj

Exactly what my Uncle did. Blew his back out and went and got a teaching degree. He now teaches auto body at a vocational school.

Teaching may be an option if the CDL don’t pan out.

GL