Need to borrow or rent a welding unit and a grinder

I walked around my underground parking lot and found an electrical outlet so I don’t have to get m car towed anywhere to get the work done ( not to mention) I don’t have any money for that kinda stuff so if there’s anybody out there is the world of SON that wouldn’t mind parting with these items for a weekend send me a PM with your terms. [IMG]http://thumb10.webshots.net/t/60/760/9/89/94/2205989940030019310rgdSJA_th.jpg[/IMG]

The Butcher sends his regards:cool:

the peice that cracked u can see has entirely seperated(dropped)… your car is now warped… part it out… thanks for your time.

is that inside the wheel well? where the strut tower and frame meet? if so, its an easy fix. take the strut and springs out. get a ratchet strap, wrap it thru the hole at the top of the strut tower, around and down around the bottom of the frame and ratchet it until they come back together. squat down in front of ur car to see the towers are both the same height. then remove all the black crap and check all the seams, reweld them if neccessary. then get heavyer gauge sheet metal than u’d do body work with, should be thin enough to work with but thick enuf to hold ur wheel well together. like the thickness of a stopsign maybe? lol. cut it to size. weld it all in. spray it down with that anti rust crap and some rock guard and ur good to go. dirt cheap if ur doin it urself. and it will be a million times stronger than it ever was.

going to have to agree with cryptic on this one. the car will never drive the same if you fix it.

im to lazy to read all the other bull shit, but i have a grinder you can probaly have for like free.

eyeball it to see if your car is now staight your nuts never mind every other axis it can twist on but as long as you have your eyeball level on you should make sure the ground is perfectly level too but dont worry you can do that by eye too just squat lower

no wonder modified car are getting pulled for mto

if you realy want to get it fixed because you have a hard on for the car take it to a body guy who has a frame staightener and let him do it right but for the price like everyone else with half a brain said you now have a great parts car because it should be cheaper to get a new chassis/car

how ever if the frame rail is not part of the prob and has not been affected by the prob carry on but maybe have your eyes checked first to make sure they are plumb.
have you experiance welding or will this be your first time?

and yes my spelling/grammer sucks i seem to have nothing better to do then post in your thread etc etc.
I mean no real insult to the original poster but dont think he should take the third post as the correct answere even if you decide the frame rail has not been bent twisted or cracked

Mael

trust me man… i had a similer problem… i took it to a pro shop… spent over 3000 yes thats right man 3GRAND! and the car was still warped over an inch…
u cant fix that kind of damage… ever… strip it down part it out and buy another one…

as long as its above the frame rail you shouldnt have a problem but your going to have to unplug all the electrical out and empty all the lines cause the last thing you wants is to be welding and have a fuel line burst in your face

even above the frame rail man its the strut that is now out of wack and will be extremely hard to line up perfect again its just problems man dont waste your time on a hackfest job no matter how streight you think you can get it

Mael

who cares just weld the bitch up and drive it oh boo hoo if its warped lol i have a welder u buy a spool of wire and some grinding discs i dont mind lending it
as long as im there so u dont run off lol

E30bradbmx - i say this with full intent… your a FU*King idiot

hey cryptic nissan go jump on a dick you fag its a fucking 240sx who the fuck cares if its warped or not these cars are nothing close to being perfect and i assure you he will be driving it anyways so it is better off the weld it up so it doesnt warp anymore

go take the bra off ur car aswell cryptic faggot

actually i have taken the bra off :slight_smile: thanks

honestly if you dont care and are willing to depend your life on a hack job like that, that is if you dont have experience with a welder by all means go ahead no ones stopping you. You should at least have someone help out that knows what they are doing. Good luck