NEED: Truck and Trailer/Car Dolly

cky89 and myself are looking for someone with a truck and dolly or trailer to drive us to northen new jersey. He needs to pick up a jetta front end and i need to pick up a car. PM me if you can/want to help out and how much $$ you’d want including gas. thank you!

i got a truck but no trailer

i could rent one. its between 650-700 miles round trip i believe so if you could pm how much youd want thatd be great. thanks!

use my tow bar works great

towing that far on a tow bar is a retarded idea, better off renting a trailer from u-haul or something

pm’d

thats what ill probably end up doing. it was like 50 bucks for a full size trailer when i got my EF from rochester

haha dude i went all the way to massachusetts with that bar and brought back a chevy blazer and it worked fine just gotta know wht ur doing.

for the dolley its $40 bucks. and they do not rent to explorers.

Hopefully we have something lined up for the 22nd…

get a hitch for a 2000 blazer and ill do it

I’ll see what u-haul has tomorrow :smiley:

see how much it is to ship the car first! it might only bee a few hundo

find a closer car :gotme: do the u-haul

my buddy just had a car shipped from georgia to cleveland for $400 in case you wanted to go that route

At 700 mi even with a diesel at 15 mpg that’s what 35ish gallons. At $3.95/4 per gallon you’re looking at Just about $140 or so in fuel plus tolls and someone’s time. With gas you’re likely looking at around 8-9 mpg at $3.40? So that would be what, over $250?

When I do transport I charge in the area of $1.25.mi measured one way. So I would normally get around $400-450 for that trip.

NJ is around a 13-14 hour round trip towing. I’ve done it a few times.

Might not be a bad idea to check into shipping.

the guy doesnt want to ship the car. we might have found someone to help us out though :slight_smile:

That’s odd. With shipping basically all he has to do is hand over the keys to the transport company. Oh wel. Good luck.

just rent a truck and hook a tow dolly to it thts wht i did when i went to michigan.

Remember, half the fun is the trip to get it :wink: