Need U Joints Pressed in.

I need a 16 point socket like now. By now i mean yesterday. My U joint on the jeep is ripped apart in the axle and I can’t drive it, so I pulled the brakes off and you need a 16 point socket around 14mm. Jesus!! :uhh: = Me
:rofl: = 16pt

Internet Zonked me

I only need the u-joints pressed in. Thanks

dont you mean a 12pt 12mm ???

No I need a socket to get these nuts off.

That is one weird bolt, I see 6 points on the half that is showing, I wonder why they would put 10 on the other “hemisphere”?

Pretty sure a 12 point will grab that.

It better, since there is no such thing as a 16 point.

16 point socket!

haha/.

Well after trying to use my 8 point and failing and being pissed off about a few things, I thought I could trust the jeep forum. Man was I wrong. I went on this wild goose hunt for nothing, I guess you learn from experience right?

Now my only question is does anyone know a place I can get these pressed in quick?

Any shop should be able to do it for you. You can do them yourself if you have a big ass vice.

I removed the fiance’s half-shaft and took it in and it was like $30 or something to be pressed in. Someplace down here in Arcade by work.

go to fleet pride. Or u can bring it to a ma n pa garage. places like midas are gay about that stuff i went to get a ball joint pressed in n they wouldnt do it because they didnt take it off the car…

seriously a press? you need a vice and a well placed hammer.

I’m near eastern hills if you want to bring it up i’ll press them for you

i just did mines on my winter jeep. to bad your not in rochester or ill do it for you man. all you need is a vice and a hammer and srewdriver. go to fleet pride its only a few bucks.

Thanks for all the help guys its in, tight and done right finally!