Neil or kordell

i’m gettin ganged up on at work cause these fuck heads would rather have neil over kordell. who would you take for one game if you had to take one.

i still dont know why ppl don’t like neil… he was pretty damm good, 1000x better than kordell and tommy gun

something to do with him throwing the super bowl

I would rather have Bubby Blister…Bruster or Terry Bradshaw

neil has a better chance of not losing a game than kordell but kordell could take a game over when neil never could. thats why if i got one game and i’m the underdog, i’m taking kordell everytime. neil was a piece of shit QB, you could have stuck anyone back there to throw 10 yard passes.

is this with the current roster around them and both players in their prime?

and yes, what Blue said about the SB is why. isnt that enough of a reason to not like him? lol.

typical yinzer steeler fan. you forget quickly. kordell has two great years and a few bad, tommy had an awesome year and a bad one. ben had one good year, one average year and one shitty year. we won the superbowl because the defense fuckin dominated in the playoffs and had a play here and there when we needed it. no doubt talent wise ben is better than tommy but don’t let perception cloud whats real.

back to neil and kordell, kordell never had blitzburgh and a freakin amazin offense line.

ok, well we’ll just say if they were both put in with our current roster, that way its on equal terms. id say Neil, but its a tough choice. i think o’donnel would manage the game better and make better decisions.

and as for ben, i think that saying he had 1 good year, 1 average year and a shitty year is a bit of an understatement. ya, this was a bad year (but it wasnt all because of him), but how is 15-1 season as a rookie and then a superbowl the next year not considered 2 awesome years?

ben was lucky the team he got when he was a rookie, i’d consider that his great year. yes they won the superbowl but he really did so in a average way. i’m not sayin average in a bad way, but it was just that…average. he didn’t make the prowbowl last year, did he? i mean just like you said this year wasn’t all his fault, 04 was all to his credit either when it was going good. i kinda don’t like how superbowls are always credited to the QB. Ben is a good QB, he ain’t great yet.

i agree with some of what your saying…except last year.

average qbs dont make that run we had. average qbs dont lead teams on a 5game win streak to get you in the playoffs and then are tossin td passes in the back on the end zone over Cahmp Baily in the AFC title game. i will say that he didnt do that well SB but during the run he was fucking fantastic. of course being on a super bowl team does make him better, but we dont win the super bowl last year without him and the way he played…plain and simple. so thats not an average year, i’m sorry. also, with a qb rating of over 98 and overall better stats last year than his rookie year, its tough for you to make that staement that he was average…sorry

denver dropped three balls ben threw that would have been the difference. i thought the colts game was his best game.

Are u even old enough to rememeber Bobby cutty?

so that makes his season average??..i dont think so.

i just used the denver game as an example and regardless, he shredded that team. the steelers as a whole controlled that game.

he had thumb problems all year. he wasn’t his sharpest. most deep balls he threw were late and short. they really won the SB game itself inspite of his play. average.

he shredded denver because their Plummer was awful and because denver db’s let balls go right through their hands and bounce off their chests?

lol. ok dude. talking to you about sports sometimes is the most annoying/pointless thing ever. so you can think what you want. i think my points ive stated speak for themselves. his stats were better last year than when he was a rookie. both were very good, not average seasons. like i said, a team doesnt win its final 5 games then win the superbowl on the road every game as a 6th seed with an average qb having an avg season.

its only annoying because i don’t agree with you. again my point about qb’s gettin all the blame or all the glory. the team won the superbowl. the only above average performance i think he had was the colts game. meaning above average than whats expected in the NFL. the cincy game and the denver game the crowds were out of it early so the road didn;t play much a factor. i never said he was an average QB. he a good qb having an average year…which is better than most.

im not giving him all the blame or all the glory…do you not nderstand what you read??? ive typed twice now (this being the 3rd) that he was not the factor in winning the actual SB game. got that? i said that already and im not argueng that point. im saying a qb cant be average and go on that run, regardless of the team hes on. it just doesnt work that way. we had a great team but you cant just have a qb back there goin through the motions and think youre gonna win your last 5 games to get it, then win in the playoffs and the SB. i realize stats dont tell the whole story, but you said Indy game was his best playoff game. perhaps an above average game? his rating was 95.3 that game, which is very good. guess what vs cincy it was 148.7, vs denver it was 124.9. our streak leading up to the playoffs- chi: 109, min: 99, cle: 120 and detroit he didnt play hardly. so thats alittle more than an average year if you ask me, now STFU

two names…trent dilfer and brad johnson.

their run wasnt what ours was and they didnt put up the numbers posted above. even if those 2 were somewhat average in those years (not saying they are) your dancing around the facts i just posted about bens performacne last year

i don’t care about QB rating… you could go 10 for 14, 175 yrds and 1 td and it would look like you lit up the world. he was just doing what they needed him to do… thats what is called average. if he played above average his stats would be gawdy and he’s in the probowl. I’m not knockin him!!! i was just comparing how it related towards kordell and tommy gunn for the people who love the “johnny come lately” and every QB to preceed him was garbage. say ben plays his contract out and the steelers don’t win anything big, he moves on to the next team and we get some new stud and we go 11-5 and get far in the play-offs…from previous experiece i can tell you what steelers fans will say… “yeah i wish his career woulda ended when he hit that chrysler, fuck ben” or kordell or maddox…etc… get my point?