Neon RT Misfire Code...help please

[quote=“RedConquestTSi,post:21,topic:30438"”]

oh, I wasn’t aware. Sorry.

[/quote]

no worries.

So first I took off the fuel rail, popped all the injectors out and cleaned everything nicely with starting fluid and lots of psi…
The fuel rail didn’t really have any debris in it.

Each injector has 4 spray holes in it, obviously. On cyl. 1 and 2, there was minor buildup blocking atleast 1 of the holes. After cleaning them, I was sure it was the issue.
Cleared previous codes, started it up and went for a ride. 10 minutes in the code popped back up.

Went back and swapped injector 1 with injector 4. Same thing.That pretty much concluded it wasn’t a fuel issue.

So i pulled all the plugs. No build up on any of them, they are all burning gas and not oil. Another good sign.

Then I switched #4 and #1 plug wire, which didn’t change anything.
I did notice that there was some corrosion buildup on the terminals of the coil. I cleaned them off and, even though i had my fingers crossed, the misfire code held strong.

So lastly, I decided to bust out the timing gun.
After watching cyl 1 and 2 miss horribly, I think my conclusion is the ignition coil.
Cyl 1 and 2 are both missing very sporadicly. Which, if it were actually a timing issue (as in cam position), i would likely have issues on all 4. But cyl 3 and 4 both were hitting right on the money.
Next step, replace the Ignition coil and see where that leads me.