Networking connecting 2 buildings.

I am trying to set up a wireless network at my shop. The problem I am having is it is between 2 buildings that are about 60-75ft. apart. I am not getting a signal in building A when I set up the router in building B. The problem is that the buildings are like 3-4 ft. thick walls of brick. My question is, is there some special router or antennas I should be using? I just tried out a Linksys (older style) 802.11g router. Does 802.11N make difference? I REALLY want to get this set up very soon and am willing to spend some money on it if need be.

yea, they have boosters.

lmgtfy: http://www.google.com/#hl=en&source=hp&q=wireless+router+booster&aq=f&aqi=g7g-s1g2&oq=&fp=c26c79a56c95bda8

or repeaters if you need the signal to go farther too

a comercial grade router… bountifulwifi.com w/highgain antennas and/or a directional antenna. toss it up on your roof with a weather dome.

They’re are plenty of point to point wireless solutions to do this.

The cheapest solution would be to get a WHR-HP-G54 Buffalo router and run DD-WRT on it, configure it in repeater mode. You can get a high gain antenna if you need it… But its great out of the box.

I just setup two wireless routers with DD-WRT… not sure how thick brick would affect it… I’m assuming there are no windows you can point one or both of the routers at?
Maybe have to get all commercial grade and put something weather-resistant on the outside wall or roof.

pringles can antenna?

You really need a proper wireless bridge

http://www.beezwaxproducts.com/product_info.php?products_id=30

?

I would look for a packaged solution if you’re not that technical this could turn into a cluster fuck quickly

^ That looks like it would work just fine…

I suppose if you lack in depth technical knowledge of somewhat advanced router configurations, you might want a preconfigured system…

Those DC injectors look nearly foolproof, but the ones that simply have a ethernet jack on two ends of a box can cause some issues… If you put them in backwards you blow up your NIC. Just make sure the hardware is powered on and working before you plug it in to a computer and you cant have a problem.

lol, i’ve seen ppl use them to pirate wifi from hotspots.