Neutral dropping a 450 H.P. Roadrunner

Maybe he worked to help pay bills around the house? Thats really not all that un-common.

Dude don’t get mad at me. Your the one that fucked up your old man’s car. No one would have ever known about this but since you posted and proved what a young punk you are then suffer the consequences.

At least your v6 stang looks fast.

There’s quite a few people here with downright slow cars that they’ve modified. His V6 Mustang is just one of them. Why single him out?

I mean, in my eyes a V6 Mustang is completely worthless, but to each his own, no?

5 seconds later it does and i romp it. well, apparetly i did something earlier in the night cause it never shifted into 1st until like 2500 or 3000 RPMs. it hit first harder than ever and completely roasted the back tires all the way through first, and half of second (3 speed tranny)

Eh…sounds to me like this was the first time you ever really got into the go pedal…most likely it was just the torque converter stalling like it was intended to do. It’s not “shifting into first”, it’s the converter flashing to whatever RPM it’s built for (I’m sure 3000+ if you’re pops car has a radical cam and 450hp).

1st. i say divorced parents cause i pay for everything i owe (i.e. cell phone clothes food school gas car and insurance)

2nd. Sure i will race your gp

3rd. Its def not the first time ive “gotten on it” i have the fastest past on the car to day (13.12) not to fast but the car is heavy

4th. i know the difference between a torque converter torquing up and a tranny neutral dropping itself.

1. i didnt make this post to get dissed and told how im a young dumb kid. i am, but it was just to share funny/that sucks stories about how you broke some of your shit yea i screwed up bad but i can laugh about it

its all good though i understand the comments

its cool man we understand what you were doing but sometimes shit does get out of hand.

but for a 450 HP road runner and only running a low 13 isnt saying much about the car but reguardless get it fixed and make a few more passes

i would rather own a V6 mustang then some other rides ppl have

btw car: 11gs (2004 bought in 2005 with 3k miles, tinted windows, and custom leather seat)

wheels: 1000 with tires i needed tires so ikilled two birds with one stone

bumper: free, dad got rearended while i was in ohio

grill: 25 bucks

exhaust: 200

i could have bought 2001 camaro z28 for 19gs but i couldnt afford 400 a month plus insurance. dont worry im sure u will see me one day cause i wont be driving my v6 forever (engineering degree=big bucks) its a commuter car that i wanted to make my own. untill u pay my payments, i will do with i as i like.

I thought you were just ignorant as to what “neutral dropping” was.

So you actually neutral dropped this thing on the street next to a mini-van…ack…nevermind all, ridicule away.

ok now youre on a different hand…speaking of a big buck engineer degree…o my

In before da lock.

whoa, you don’t want to race his grand prix. i had a grand prix gt, and i used to give mustang gt’s a hard time. its all about what you like, i have a sentra se-r. the only difference is the spec-v comes with brembos and a 6 speed. same engine, everything, same. but i got a great deal, and im saving about a $80 a month over the spec. but with the mustangs its different. they might look the same, but there is a drop in performance. for what you paid for that 04 v-6, you could have got an 01 or so gt, or a srt-4, or a nice prelude, used wrx, etc. but if your only going for looks, you picked the right car. if you want to race, you picked the wrong one. i know v6’s can be fast, but its a lot easier to make the gt’s faster.

A. Grand prix GT’s arent fast enough to give mustang GT’s a hard time. GTP yes, GT no.

B. he just said like 2 posts above that it wasnt the price of the car, it was the cost of insurance.

my gt wasn’t completely stock. i didn’t say faster, i said hard time. my buddy had a 02 gt, and whenever we wen’t for a drive, he was ahead of me, but not by much. a few cars lengths. and he said $400+insurance. not $400 for insurance. i wasn’t knocking him, i told him to do what he wants. i get shit all the time on the sentra forums because i wanted to save $80 a month on a se-r over a spec, but its my choice, and the v6 was his choice. i was just letting him know he could have a lot more car for the same money. and he already dropped the tranny in his dad’s car, and said he would race the grand prix. im just saving him the time of even trying. i used to sell fords, and i drove the v6 mustangs, and they are no where near a gtp or a modified gp gt, or even a stock gt in my opinion. now, the new v6’s are pretty powerful, and that would be a good match… a stock gp gt vs. a new mustang v6. the 3800 makes a ton of power, im sure you go to the gp sites, on one of them, there is a link to a old shootout in motor trend bewteen a sho taurus, and a gtp. and the gtp stomped it.

I’ll give a late model 260 hp auto GT a hard time

paced a few, they certainly didn’t destroy me. Doubt I could beat one but they’re not too much faster. I guess it depends on whos driving too

Are you guys fucking kidding me? Stock Grand Prix GTs were mag tested to around 16.0 with 0-60 times over 8 seconds…99-04 Mustang GTs, even with the 4R70W, are mid 14 second cars.

Do you realize that’s over 10 car lenghts in a 1/4 mile?

They aren’t even fucking close.

Car-Stats.com Report for 1999 Pontiac Grand Prix GT Coupe
Obtained from C&D May, 1999
0-60: 7.8 Transmission: Unknown
1/4 Mile: 16
1/4 Speed: 87

Car-Stats.com Report for 2002 Ford Mustang GT (Convertible)
Obtained from C&D November, 2002
0-60: 6.3 Transmission: Automatic
1/4 Mile: 15.1
1/4 Speed: 93

Fucking automatic convertible GT is still way out of the Grand Prix GT’s ballpark.

I hate to the kind of guy to say this, because we all know my car has never been to the track but…guys who run the same shit as me pull off mid to high 14s on good tracks. I’m pushing about 30 horsepower over stock, it’s not quite what a GTP has but I’ve got the gearing advantage. 3.29s vs a GTPs 2.93s

most stock grand prix GTs run mid 15s at a good track

I’m not bullshittin anyone, I’m seriously not like that

I know the feeling. My engine caught on fire the other day.

:ugh:

Don’t stock GTPs run mid-15s? What do you have done? If you have cheap bolt-ons and are running 14s, I will literally buy a Monte SS/GrandPrix GP this month as I’ve been looking for a new daily and keep getting drawn to them, but didn’t know if they had enough power to satisfy me.

he has like cat back, and CAI i believe

i will tell you this man, drove a S/C monteSS and its not that fast. maybe a low 15 car high 14 way it sits off showroom floor. and i doubt a NA 3800 would come close