Never ending infractions?

There have been many threads discussing racism and I have behaved myself in them.

so

Can I have my sig back? Or at least set the 3 month countdown timer?

Forever is a long time to wait…

You can feel free to quote necessary parts of my response to your PM as I have made my standpoint clear behind the scenes and I am not ashamed to have it made public no matter the consequences.

Here’s the PM.

Originally Posted by PureXTC
It would be tits of you if I could have my avatar and sig back. Or even giving my infraction a time limit to expire instead of never would also be great.

TPGSR: The other staff as well as myself have all expressed our dissent to Onyx’s infraction rule and nothing has changed. You need to take this matter up with Josh, and if you feel really strong about it make a thread in the site feedback about the never expiring infractions. I honestly do not think that he understands the impact that they have on members and their involvement and contributions to this community. Little things do make a difference!

Mike

there are never ending infractions?

that’s f’ed up

I always thought the infraction expiration times were WAY too long.

Nazi mod rx3 made a bunch of never expiring ones against me when he was here.

http://www.dailycomedy.com/images/jokes/b/adolf-hitler.jpg

NO SIG FOR YOU!

Soooo this is how it’s going to be?

stop crying, I was probabaly the worse member for a while, Just trying to survive the hazing, and pitching it back as often as I could.

I have no problems with the infraction rules, and after being silent banned (you try that, not knowing your banned, posts and pms not showing up to anyone but yourself) I learned to not bother with the stupid crap in offtopic.

Nyspeed has been a much better experience since, Its nice to be on a car forum and not in a sorority house during rush.

nyspeed*

no

Its a car forum you know, there are other things to do in life. Get out of the house maybe.

i like the rules, im sorry i dont make nyspeed my life so i tend not to let the things on here bother me. who really cares about a sig? its not a million dollars or even 1 dollar for that matter.

sigh I digress

I wholeheartedly agree. I wasted a couple hours arguing about it with Onyx one day and it was like trying to convince a brick wall. Here was his last response.

Permanent points show that we’re serious about keeping things under control. But because infraction points are permanent, warnings are being used first which don’t have any points. When points expired after a week, some members just waited for them to expire to act like idiots again. Because the points didn’t accumulate and always expired, they never reached any consequence level. So it was kinda pointless.

Actually what was happening under the old system was that no one was using warnings at all, only infractions. And the mods were making up ‘custom’ infractions / reasons and point levels to give to people so it was all over the place. They never used the set list of things that Fry had in that thread, so that list was useless anyway. Now, the only reason why someone should get an infraction is if it follows a warning first and if they’re not following forum rules.

I’m not going to put out there what levels do what. The focus should be just to follow the rules, not to let people know how far they can go before they get burned.

Well…did you get a warning?

ummm… its the internet? really? never expiring infractions?

Well this is serious motivation to find bugs in vBulletin and SQL lol

Yes. 13 seconds before I got an infraction :tup:

I wasn’t given any warnings.

If it makes you feel better Joe I always had your sig blocked via ABP since it wasn’t something I should have on the screen at work. :slight_smile: