Never realized how expensive Vipers are

so i had to write a paper for my Consumer Law class in which i had to ‘buy’ a car. interstingly enough, the most difficult part of this paper for me was trying to decide what ca i was going to use haha. so i decided on a viper. first thing i did was go on dodge and build and price one. now, keep in mind, i spared no expense and went all out with a 2006 SRT10 coupe with the First Eddition package (not sure what it came with, but it tacked 5 grand onto the base price) and while i was at it i added the VCA eddition packace (another 5 grand) and figured paying an extra $600 for the Vioer blue paint wasn;t a big deal. MSRP came out to $97,585. when i ran the numbers along with a few competative interest rates, it came to arounf $1600 a month for 61 months. HOLY SHIT!! all i gotta say is its a good thing im going to law school…im gonna need the money to buy the ‘big boy’ toys lol

I cant even post on this thread or I will get flamed.

Oh…whoops.:lockd:

Yeah it does add up. And even if you wanna get a real nice low mileage used one they are not cheap. That’s why I decided to hold off on one for this year atleast and finish my car, not only is the car pricey, but freakin mods add up quick too. Gotta pay to play. :gotme:

Mark has found out how much the gold plated, carbon-fiber resin impregnated titanium headers cost for Vipers.

Oh…wait, they are just Stainless Steel, nevermind. That explains the price. :hitit:

“These were hand-crafted by a midget from Tibet. He didnt even have a welder, he had to wait for thunderstorms!”

I am sooo the banana…

LoL, no shit. You could buy a complete exhuast for most cars for what you pay for a good set of headers for a viper. But thats how it goes Vipers are a different breed all together so you better have a big bankroll if you wanna start getting mod happy. I figured it out for what I wanted to do to mine if I got one and it was a shitload of money just to get a good set of wheels and tires and complete exhaust on the damn thing. :rant:

that’s why my buddy went used. He bought a 2000 Dodge Viper for roughly $40k with like 30,000 miles … new = 2x the price

2000 is an off year, No forged pistons or ABS, but that is still low for a 2000, even with “higher” miles. It should be in the high 40’s at a minimum. You cant even touch 96-99 Vipers for 40K unless they have a history or high mileage.

If he indeed paid 40K for a '00 with 30K, and NO problems or history, he did get a good deal.

yeah that’s what he paid. I guess also that his Viper has some special interior in it where they only made like 300 of them. His is like #275-300

??? Thats not a 2000 then. If it is actually a numbered car, it has to be a 2002, and it would be red/white. In which case, there is NO way it was 40K. 2002 FE cars are nearing 60K. Otherwise, it is a cognac interior car, which is not numbered. It would be a tan interior then.

it is red/white, and he bought it on ebay for 40k

Is this guy local? If so, I have got to see this car over the summer. If he paid that price for that car with no history, he got quite possibly the best deal I have ever heard of, bar none. Hell, There is a local guy who had to pay that much for a 98 with almost 50K and an engine rebuild! Not to mention a certain member of this board who just bought the same car you are talking about for a really good deal- and not even close to 40K. I certainly smell a history with this car, as it just does not add up.

Damn, all 2002FE vipers run ±60K stock…if he paid 40k, maybe I would take it in to get it looked over…some vipers are rebuilds do to accidents and generally owners dont go through insurance companies. I would be very weary paying 40k becuase these are collectable cars and they are numbered.

What interest rate did you use? The way it adds up, you used 0%, nobody would give you that rate on such a large amount of money.

Just letting you know :slight_smile:

^ whoops, i guess that paper is all wrong then. hope you weren’t counting on a good law school

similar boat over here, thank god i can diy stuff.

SS cat delete pipe 350 dollars
http://sector111.com/images/products/performance/exhausts/arqray/crp_medium.jpg

SS "“exhaust system” (Muffler ONLY) $850
http://sector111.com/images/products/performance/exhausts/arqray/singletip_medium.jpg

:roll2: Thats what I was thinking.

Well no wonder that stuff is so expensive. Look at how complicated it is. :roll2:

i enquired as to why they were so much, they told me it was from engineering and R&D. I have had shit’s that required more engineering time… no really. work poops.

02 FE for $40k?? that’s kinda hard to believe…we deal with a lots of salvage vipers…just sold a 02 red/white FE with only 3600 miles on it last week, and it had 907 title, but damage wasn’t too bad, we fixed it completely, can’t even tell and sold for $47k…but that’s without converting the title…which means buyer will have to run around and get the rebuild title issued before can even put it on the road…we also sold a 2000 RT not too long ago too, and it also had 907 title, and that sold for $43k, i mean if someone get a 02 viper for $40k, i would say that’s like the deal of the year…

if i am thinking of the guy you are talking about, i was talking to him last night at work about his car

i think he said its a 2000, red with a tan interior and yes he did buy it on ebay