new apartment?

there are a lot of rooms behind where that pic was taken from…

house is going to be in another year or so. there are a lot of factors, but right now I want to just have a steady payment and not have to worry about doing renovations or surprise large house repairs, especially since i want an old house in the elmwood area.

Well, if you’re moving into a nicer place for cheaper just for now, then go for it

It looks really really nice :tup:

Nelson that place is pimp.

I heard JP Losman lives in the Belesario

id like to see more pictures, i myself am moving out in may

that is what i thought. true home owner.

free heated in apartment< owning house.

i’m reallyl curious as to how much that sets you back. def a pimp place.

even though I am all about owning and investing

I would own an apartment if I could. Houses are a lot to maintain, the investment standpoint doesnt matter when your in the early 20s IMO.

plus all the money you have to spend on someone to mow the lawn, plow, fix crap, etc.

^check

I think he lives in the Sidway.

that is awesome bro! Whats up with your current place? Just need a change?

i bought my 1st home at 21, going to buy my 2nd one next year. and rent out the 1st one. dont get me wrong i like the apartment. but spending 900+ on a apartment for this area is not my thing in this area.IMO

From a financial standpoint. Owning a house is the thing to do. Tax wise, investment wise.

But when your 20 something, just getting your feet wet with a decent job, its nice to have a maintained apt, where you don’t have to worry about anything except advancing in your career track.

As for me, I’m not staying in this area for very long. I rent month to month, and can bounce any time I would like to with 30 days written notice.

When I move to AZ I’ll buy a nice house, but for now I pay 435 for a nice apartment in the suburbs, so I’ll stick with that.

But paying 900 a month for anything in this area is almost stupid.

I would totally rent that apt

If I had like 5 rental properties paying for it

I would def. buy a condo around here if the association fees weren’t equal to a small mortgage

If you’re staying in this area for more than a couple of years (long enough to offset the closing costs through appreciation and whatever value you place on greater quality of life) you’d be a fool to pay $900/month in rent when you can get a mortgage on a decent place for that.

Renting a place at $1k/month in Buffalo does not mean you’re baller. It means the guy profiting off of you is baller.

Everyones input is appreciated, but I know what I’m doing… I work at a bank as a financial analyst, and am well aware of the financial implications of buying vs. renting. Right now with the housing market sliding, it is a good time to buy, but only if you are going to hold onto the house longer than the near term. If I were to buy a house this spring, I wouldn’t be able to afford exactly what I wanted (I’ve been following the local housing for quite a while now, and am very specific), but I will be able to in a few years.

Just because $900 would be an ok mortgage, dont forget utilities, repairs, renovations, taxes, etc. etc. This is how a lot of people get in over their heads with houses they can’t afford. Additionally, jumping into the housing market right now with the intentions to sell or flip in a year or two is retarded. You could be sitting on a house you dont want for one, two, or more years trying to sell, or lose your shirt on the asking price. Things arent what they were a year ago. With an apartment that is easily affordable, I can plan to be out and on the housing market at a specific time, and not have to worry about unloading a house that I didnt want to buy in the first place.

Sounds reasonable. :tup:

Nice place. I think you said heat’s included? Roommate?

Yeah, I’d be with a roommate if I made the move. Thats my one sticking point. If I could live there on my own I’d already be there. Cool guy though, it would definitely be a good time.

Heat is included, along with being able to watch all the security cameras on your tv, empire zone electric rates, dry cleaning delivery, and concierges to deliver groceries.

I’m pretty sure for around 900 a month you could get a new house in wheatfield.