New best ET last night at Thompson

I finally got the car to work decent. It’s been a long summer lol. Anyway, I took the car to Thompson Raceway Park ( elevation 1,400’ ). First pass off the trailer the car wen 9.90 breaking in a brand new set of MT’s. (2,800 DA) I made some adjustments and the car went 9.98 (2,800 DA) lol. I hate when that happens. We loosened the limiters one bolt hole and raised the tire pressure 1 lb. Thats all we did.

The car went 9.71 (2,600 DA) I left the car alone because it was working decent and I had one more time trial then eliminations. One more time trial and the car went 9.72 (2,800 DA)

Round 1: The DA dropped to 2,100 and I dialed a 9.69. I cut a 5.03 light and ran down my opponent, lifted about 100’ before the finish line, ran a 9.73 @ 128 and won the round.

Round 2: DA was still 2,100 so I dialed 9.69 again. My opponent was a 12 second car and he cut 5.01 light to my 5.27. I ran him down but I broke out big time.

I was happy with the ET and MPH but there is alot left in her. We didn’t even START to play with the suspension yet. I think there is alot left in the launch.

Well thats my story

now that is sweet and very impressive

Awesome and congrats!

congrats!

wow thats strong keep it up

awesome…

Thanks everyone :naughty:

big congrats

bad ass

snap that’s sick

congrats!! that car is insane!

is it street legal?

congrats tom!

awesome

congrats

Thanks guys. It was alot of work.

When I lowered the car sooo much I had lots to do to get the geometry back. Instant center. I also had problems hooking with those Hoosier radial slicks. They didn’t work AT ALL. I went up in smoke every launch. I mean the car went nowhere.

Anyway, I changed back to the MT slicks and they worked well. I also had to get my brand new converter re-stalled. It was supposed to stall at 6,200 and it was only 5,700 and the motor was being drugg down on the launch and shifting.

It is at 6,200 now and the launch is awesome and the shift extension is always in the power band.

I want to bring the car to PRP on a TNT night but I hear the track prep sucks.

I can’t wait till the rain stops.

Thanks guys. It was alot of work.

When I lowered the car sooo much I had lots to do to get the geometry back. Instant center. I also had problems hooking with those Hoosier radial slicks. They didn’t work AT ALL. I went up in smoke every launch. I mean the car went nowhere.

Anyway, I changed back to the MT slicks and they worked well. I also had to get my brand new converter re-stalled. It was supposed to stall at 6,200 and it was only 5,700 and the motor was being drugg down on the launch and shifting.

It is at 6,200 now and the launch is awesome and the shift extension is always in the power band.

I want to bring the car to PRP on a TNT night but I hear the track prep sucks.

I can’t wait till the rain stops. I think I can get the car into the low 50’s or high 40’s this year.

I need to raise my rev limiter up 200 to 8,200. I want to shift at 8,000. :doh: