New Bike

Against my better judgement i got a 2008 Kawasaki zx-10r last week. Has an exhaust, filter, powercommander and I guess ss brake lines for some reason. Exhaust is only a slipon so Im gonna prolly get a full exhaust this year or next.

It is way faster than my old 750 though, i wasn’t expecting that much of a change.

Haha you’re insane.

Congrats!

Nice! Congratz

Keep the front wheel down lol

Fixed :lol

Nice! Have fun, and get your suspension set up asap. :thumbup

When are we going to tinker with mine?

Good choice in bikes :slight_smile:

As far as the exhaust goes, what slip-on is on the bike and does it eliminate the mid-pipe? A full exhaust is honestly a waste of money when you have a slip-on that eliminates the mid-pipe, you’re talking a measly 2-3hp at a high price.

400? or SV? Does the 400 have adjustable suspension or just pre-load? Anytime you want to do it just let me know, I could use a hand to do some measurements on my bike as well. :thumbup

400, Sv’s are still hibernating. May register one today.

What are you doing today? I could swing out that way.

Work? :lol

Weekday is probably not gonna work for me, we can schedule something later.

I need some help too lol

Setting the sag is a two man job

We can schedule a Sunday.

Fine with me if you guys are up for it.

The wheel actually stays down for me at full throttle…

in 4th
how do iget my susension set up? I dunno what that means im not a bike person like that lol.

The one thing I really dont like is how loose the bars are at high speed. theres play in the bars just a little. I think the stock steering stabalizer does aboslutly nothing so I may try that thicker oil deal see if that helps other wise ill need to buy an aftermarket one.

how hard is it to set up a suspension my bike I set up for a 240lb rider I’m around 160lbs(with riding gear on)

You need to dial-in the suspension first and then adjust the stabilizer. “Masking” steering issues simply by cranking up the stabilizer will create more problems or hide the real problem with the bike.

Not hard. How do you know the bike is set-up for a 240lbs rider?

because I bought the bike off a friend an he had it set up for him

Has he ever had any suspension work done? (springs/valving)

If the suspension is stock, then it will just be a matter of getting the pre-load/compression/rebound dialed in for your weight to the best that the stock components will allow.

Works for me. Weather looks good too.

do i just bring the bike some where toget the suspension set up?

It does replace the midpipe…I probably would wait if I did it at all to be honest. Its already too loud.