New car (big powwaaa Evo)

the VE of this motor even modified cant hold a candle to the VE of a stock b-series head, and reguardless of that there are other factors to be concerned of, fuel qaulity is one of the biggest variables, random missfires on the brink of destruction, there is no point on running to the brink of pumpgas stability if you can preserve your investment with slightly more expensive and stable fuels. the big boost low timing pump gas evo stunner mentality needs to end reguardless of current findings.

barely, and high boost + e85 + 1200cc = no.

Fully agree here based off of calculations alone. You will most certainly run out of injector, and more than likely fuel pump after the injectors are changed.

Real world might be a little different, but I can’t imagine it’s +/-250whp different.

Seeing as a 4g63 block is alot better designed then a b series block it has nothing to do with the head holding power. The head makes the power and the block holds it which in the case of evo’s they do just fine

if it wasn’t safe buschur racing, english racing, etc, etc wouldn’t be doing it…

e85+double pumper+1200s is maxed out at right at 600hp.

This car is full of awesome.

dont piss Pete off…He will go all Evo ape shit on ya!

not really… this isnt an ls1 vs 5.0 thread

Mitsubishi Evolution > Evolution Performance Mustang

Very nice car. Jealous for sure.

congrats man, enjoy the car!

i was looking at this thing on Evom last week.

nice car trav , i always loved the evo,s …ill give ya a hand job to drive it

I don’t see why everyone’s thinking it’s bad for the car when it’s not uncommon for it.
Shit, I’d be happy with a 550-600whp reliable car. Just not DD status.

just cause the motor has it , it dont mean its all there all the time

they have the financial backing to replace things after catastrophic failure, and its a bit naive to think they would publicize such issues. be realistic and get a real grasp on the mechanics behind it before you blindly post examples of such idiocy. shake your dick, this pissing match is over. lol

Yeaaaaa I don’t think so, I just didn’t have the time to weed through the threads on evom, keep arguing doesn’t really matter, I’ll stick with following what works reliably and leave it at that.

Just got it home. Thanks to Kramer for checking out the body while I inspected under the hood and did a compression test, which came out fine.

Best part of the trip BY FAR was me asking the toll lady how many ‘racks’ my toll was, with a completely straight face. Surprisingly, she did not hesitate to tell me, or ask what a ‘rack’ was in the first place!

I see a big FAIL here. Cars like this are so far from an investment, it is mind boggling.

well if its not an investment, and it not gonna be driven, what the fuck is it?

A detailing experiment for me :rofl