New car, choices...

Well it’s about time for me to start looking into a new vehicle, trying to go new possibly slightly (under 50K) used and I’m looking for opinions…

The price range is under 17.5K or something like that, I’m going to finance hopefully depending on how things go.

I’m looking for a fun smaller car, preferably no trucks, nothing to do any extreme modding to make it a fun car to drive. Doesn’t have to be insanely fast I’m perfectly fine with sub 200hp stock numbers.

Let me know what you guys think…I’m open to anything, or advice against anything if you have heard bad things about any new cars that came out.

Maybe an acura. Like a used TL, TSX, or CL?

TSX FTW

TSX but your gonna pay more than 17.5 for low miles.

A few nice IS300’s in pgh right now…but don’t step on my toes…i’m in the market for one too LOL.

Same price mileage your looking for as well.

I think a few GS300’s too

Ohh, I agree with ZEX. An IS300 would be awesome. Just at nice as the TSX IMO and not quite as popular. It seems like everyone is driving around in TSX’s right now.

Thats b/c TSX’s are SEX. If I could afford one I would buy one.

SRT4?

I’ve also thought about leasing an 08 GTI for 2 years, then paying it off when I’m out of school, any advice for or against that?

a mustang so jenn will be pissed that your faster :slight_smile:

Haha the 08 would be faster and she probably would be!

Used GTO or Mustang GT. TSX is a nice car, too.

I agree with above, IS300 or TSX would both be good choices. Guess it depends on what drivetrain configuration you are down with. I think IS300 is more fun as a car, but you can hardly go wrong with either. Lease = pissing your money away, plus I’m willing to bet insurance on the GTI is disgusting compared to the other 2.

There’s also been a G35 floating around Craigslist for a while from an original owner in Fox Chapel. I believe he’s right at your price point. That would be baller status.

I am going to be looking in that price range this spring…I narrowed it down to a low mileage CTS.

Agree, the IS would be a fun car to build up into a RWD FI monster with good manners.

G35 would be badass too, but it depends on what you can afford to maintain. Don’t blow your wad on a car then be screwed when something pops up. Make sure you check with your Insurance company for rates on these cars.

subaru! im leasing a 2008 impreza for 181/month! its the sex. its not putting out anything record breaking performance wise but its brandy new and has a nice shiny warranty!

I see a lot of people saying Lexus IS300…what about the ES330? You can get a 04 w/40K miles for like $17.5K.

Ehh, pretty big and boring I think. The IS would be much sportier and respond better to mods. The ES would be really cushy and smooth, but it depends on what you are looking for. IMO the IS is soo much better looking.

Ahhh…I was never really a Lexus guy. The do like the IS250/350 and the GS350/430…the thing is I only like the 06 and newer ones…which are all above $20K.

Agreed.

Hell, even the V6’s move now, with 202 HP.

I was going to suggest 04-05 WRX.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=236916359&dealer_id=61810933&car_year=2004&model=IMPREZ&num_records=25&systime=&make2=&start_year=1981&keywordsfyc=__V1JY__&keywordsrep=087082088&engine=&certified=&body_code=0&fuel=&only_price=1&awsp=false&search_type=both&distance=100&marketZipError=false&search_lang=en&make=SUB&keywords_display=WRX&color=&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&min_price=0&drive=&default_sort=priceDESC&max_mileage=60000&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceDESC&address=15044&advanced=y&only_photo=1&end_year=2008&doors=&transmission=&max_price=17500&cardist=100

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=235526725&dealer_id=61686599&car_year=2004&model=IMPREZ&num_records=25&systime=&make2=&start_year=1981&keywordsfyc=__V1JY__&keywordsrep=087082088&engine=&certified=&body_code=0&fuel=&only_price=1&awsp=false&search_type=both&distance=100&marketZipError=false&search_lang=en&make=SUB&keywords_display=WRX&color=&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&min_price=0&drive=&default_sort=priceDESC&max_mileage=60000&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceDESC&address=15044&advanced=y&only_photo=1&end_year=2008&doors=&transmission=&max_price=17500&cardist=91