new car? what would you get?

im in the process of looking for a new car right now. i’ve been bouncing back and forth between a few different cars, but im having a hard time deciding on what i want next. so, what would you buy and why? i don’t want to go over 35k, and im not going used.

IS250 AWD

350Z/G35
Altima Coupe

Depends on what your looking for… a few ideas

-Acura TL or Acura TSX
-2008 Accord
-2008 Civic Si
-2008 S2000
-2008 Mazda 3 or 6
-G35
-2007-08 Saab 9-3 or 9-5
-2007-08 Volkswagon GTI
-2007-08 Volvo S40 or S60

Just a handful of ideas for under or around 35k :thumb

You forgot the R32.

I thought the R32 was stickering at $38k?

I just bought a 2008 Civic si and I absolutely love it. The new Accords are really nice too.

What are you looking to get out of the car?

Luxury?

Daily?

Perfomance? How many doors? To keep stock or modded.

Reliability?

I’d say TL I love those cars, or the 1 series.

well, ive got a Mazda 6 now, and its been great, but im looking to go up from there. it’s going to be my daily driver, so it has to be reliable. i’ve got no preference when it comes to being a coupe or sedan. very rarely is there more then 1 person in the car w/me.

when does the 1 series come out around here? i took an IS250 AWD out for a drive 2 weeks ago. i actually had money down on it, but then decided against it, because i also test drove the '08 audi a4. now im not sure what i want!

My votes are for the TL Type-S :nod or the A4

I wouldn’t do a TL right now, the redesign is due out I think in 09.

yea, the TL, TSX, and one of there other vehicles are all slated for a redesign for '09. there’s some pics of the TSX out on the roads of ohio over on autoblog. (its been a SLOW day at work…ive been doing alot of research)

edit: here’s the spy shots for the tsx

Since you know what you have with your mazda6 have you thought about going with a mazda speed6?

You know where I stand with this debate, I think the new G35 is impossible to beat all around at that price range, a G35 Journey with premium pack should be under $35k. All of the sport/luxury cars in the low 30’s(3 series, C class, CTS, A4, IS, TL, G35, etc…) are all good cars, none will smoke the competition all around period, some are faster, some handle better, some are less money and so on. I know you were impressed with the A4s handling, but all of them should handle very similar, with the 3 series probably being at the front of the pack in that department. All around the new G is a great car, its fast, it handles OK(the S would be better then my X was) its a good overall package at a fantastic price. Its hard to get a real idea of what will make you happy with a single test drive, at first blush all of them are nice. None of them are perfect and regardless what you get some sacrifice will have to be made in terms of your ideal car.

yea, i thought about the speed6. there’s not many left on the lots around here though. the '07 was in limited production and there’s no '08 speed6 model planned, only speed3.

i like the g35. havent taken the newer model out for a drive yet. maybe this weekend.

i think i saw your old car in the front up at the inifity dealer.

It is my old car, the VIN is right, however, they have the wrong interior color listed online. They also put a lot of miles on it! They put more miles on my old car then I have on my new car.

I’m thinking of a number between 0 and 1 million.

97,684 what do I win?

new 08 gti or the r32. the r32 is going for 32 and change base and 35 with navi. the next car i am buying is new GTI. the 2.0TFSI is probably my favorite motor. well, other then the 1.8T and the TDI

WRX wagon. 2002-2003. I still <3 the bugeyes.

He said he’s not buying a used car…:shifty

I gave what I would buy. I’d get a decent car and put the rest of the money away so it can grow and I can do other things with it. I could give a fuck what he is getting. :stfu

If you have 35k floating around, but can’t make up your own mind, take the bus.
Cars with any sort of power or style are obviously well above your mental capacity.