New cars VS old

That’s true…

The look of the old challengers is just :wow

Fixed

hahaha

I had a more recent dream of restoring an old 61-62 bubble top GM like an Impala, LeSabre, Delta 88, ect, into a touring machine. People tell me it is a terrible idea cause of how big and heavy these old cars are…
Using the buick as an example, I figure I remove a Iron head and block Nail Head 401 with its iron case power glide or TH400 and replace that with a 6L80 and a 6.2L L92 then the car will weigh the same as my 4th gen F-body with an auto and have another 100hp before a cam, headers, or other mods.
The suspension, interior, and audio will probably make up some of that weight but all things considered the older cars do not have as much going on as new cars do.

The more I see the new Camaro’s the uglier they get IMO, I used to want one before they came out but god damn did they overproduce the shit out of them. They strip em down and throw in a v6 to make people who want the looks but not the Muscle. I went through a Chevy dealership a while back and they had a V6 Base camaro and it looked like it had steel wheels and even didnt have the spoiler.

I always thought that the Mustangs, Camaros etc… should not be available in anything other then a v8 and definately not a stripped down version of the car.

Anybody has pics of new Camaro VS original size wise?

Also I hate the high door line on new cars where you can’t even stick your elbow on the door and out in the summer.

Rear visibility doesn’t look too cherry for the Camaro either.

Yeh my car is borderline with the arm on the door line, but I dont ever really put my elbow there.

I have one somewhere. Let me look.

Talk about too many camaros! LoL

you guys are buggin!

Welcome to the MKIV Supra that was designed 20+years ago.

Limbs should remain in the vehicle at all possible times.

The worst rear visibility I have ever experienced besides a panel van was a 73 Mach 1 Fast back Mustang.

I would be a happy man if I never saw one of those ever again.

In the oldend days, good cars that perform well is dictate by design, geometry, material and how the material is being used.

Today nothing matters, forms don’t have to follow functions; you can essentially design a car that is a upside down pyramid with 4 wheels and once you put a sophisticated enough computer and DSG gearbox in it, it will still perform well even driven by grandma.

Performance cars used to be art, now is just __________ + computer.

a GTR next to a NSX is a pretty shitty comparison to begin with. The NSX’s even have less height then a Vette I believe.

this looks like my drive way over the years. i have had the 1st 4 models when the new ones become old ill buy them to.http://www.sacarfan.co.za/wp-content/gallery/vw-golf-6-gti/sacarfan-golf-6-gti-08.jpg

the nsx is marginally bigger than a crx to begin with.

http://images4.fotop.net/albums4/wan888/CRX_vs_NSX_R/IMG_5636.jpg

This ain’t too bad. But the Camaro of the mid-90’s-prior to current model (to the right in that image - and the even older one above it if that’s a Camaro) or whatever? Looks like complete ass compared to the two above. I don’t know WTF Chevy was thinking…but IMO they made that car HIDEOUS for a LONG ass time.

I think the 911 has been subjected to this more than anything. I’ll have to dig up the picture a guy posted of his '73 Rs next to a brand new 991. 991 dwarfs the old 911.

For now…ass end views of the Turbo across it’s long life…

Jeremy Clarkson is right :lol. They do tend to keep them VERY much the same across multiple generations before really making a significant change. He always hates on Porches’ designers :lol.

mid 90’s shared 2 different styles…they really shouldnt have both been 4th gen’s.