New cars VS old

got em

Just got hella sentimental about the MR2 reading through this thread. I think my whip with a ~240whp NA K series or 3S-GE would be pretty much unbeatable as far as the pure mechanical (no abs, tcs, stm, etc.) fun-to-drive factor goes. I forget how tiny it is in the months I go without seeing it. Other than safety/government influences there is no reason for a 2 seater sports car (not super car) to be any bigger in my opinion.

B5 taillights > B6 taillights

Disagree. The rear on the new Audi’s is actually what I like most about the new ones.

how can you say that!!! I like the e36, but the E30 M3 is just perfect! Small, great looks with the widebody, and I’m sure fun as hell to drive!!! Even TopGear said it’s the best M3 ever.

Maybe it’s just me, and the fact I LOVE old school american steel. But how could you take out the Nailhead!?!?! It is one of the coolest motor’s ever. Right up there with the Hemi’s (original stuff, not the new Polysphere shit) and Flatheads.

He’s not talking about the new Audi’s. B5 > B6 < B7+

in 25 years:

“I remember when I was your age, a god damn Camaro had a V8 and gas was 99 cents a gallon!”

Its coming.
Old-fuckitis is in its early stages.

http://www.gifsvault.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/8b50e4ca0bd020f3ce2774b947d13cfc1.gif

I too like the steel. Just replacing the iron. If I do get one some day you will have first dibs on the nailhead.

Damn they’re gonna run the B6 for that long?

:lol

Lol, fixed. Too bad they’re already on to B8’s.

i knew i shouldn’t have looked at page 3
shit.

and on with my rant.

Nailheads
Flatties
early HEMIs
big Caddilacs
stylistically the best engines ever produced IMO. now everything’s covered up and hidden.

ever see an S4, any camaro, F150 or (god forbid) a Magnum driving around without it’s fenders and hood? No, you havent. because new motors are ugly. open the hood, pull off any plastic cover you can find under there and there will be a big ugly rats nest of wires staring you in the face. it’d be a long search for a single peice of plastic meant to cover something in a 32 Ford, or a 49 Mercury.

those cars made of plastic and glue will run, spin, or slide circles around anything from the golden age of autos, but they wont have the style, the image, or just the presence of a vintage machine.

/KK style rant.

Eh, you’re trying to compare customized older engines to OEM modern engines.

Once that motor is in a car that does not need EGR, EVAP, Air injection, catalytic converters, PCV, ect… and all the fuel lines and wires are cleaned up I think it will look just fine. I don’t think that LS or ford modular motors look that bad. Come to think of it there was never any plastic on my LS1.

TT-> not even OEM new motors. modded/rodded W/E. IMO Old>New (in style points)

Johawk-> yeah, you can clean up a modern motor, but lets take for instance, Chevy smallblocks. LSx and the original carburated 350.

LSx> takes far more wiring to make it run.
coil packs
electric fuel pump
starter
ECU
MAF
knock sensors, crank position sensor, cam position sensor
ignition

carb 350> absolute basic shit
starter
distributor
plug wires
ignition.

on another side note, if you were offered (FREE) a brand new '05 Ford GT, and an '05 Ferrari F430, which you you take?

can you describe the nimble feel of the nsx, r32 gtr and the new GTR? Surely you have driven these right?

Ford GT. Cause I might have a prayer of being able to work on it!

You do know they make carb manifolds for LSX, LT1, Ford Mod, and even the Coyote?

i did know they make carb manifolds. does not negate the fact that you still need a shitload of wiring to run one.

i’d take the GT in a heartbeat to answer my own question. i love staring at it in Autovista mode on Forza. :rofl
unlike most people, i dont really like the whiney sound of an italian car (execption-Lamborghini(also why i never watch formula one)) i greatly prefer the lopey idle of a 454 or a HEMI with a monster cam.