new clutch

ok so i have saved up about 500$$$ to get the new clutch. I was thinking ecs tunning stage 1. there like 499. if anyone knows a better clutch which there probley is let me know what to get rember i can only spend around 500. And it has to be a clutch kit for a 03 jetta gls. thanks ;D

if your stock get a stock clutch really no diff in that and stock soooooooooooooosave your money

stock clutch is WAY out of his price range… in order to use the stock clutch he would need a new dual mass set up… $$$

and to skateshelter, do you ever listen to people, or are you dumb? i sent you clutch info a while ago. but maybe your boyz at goodyear might have some imput thats better. :idiots

This is our #1 selling clutch kit for VW 1.8T 2.0L and TDI Volkswagens.

Complete kit includes flywheel pressure plate disc and all hardware. Mk4 Golf Jetta and Beetle 1.8T 2.0L & TDI cars will damage the stock dual mass flywheel when the clutch starts slipping. The dual mass flywheel when bought from V/W is over $500. We offer the complete kit that includes a ECS lightweight 14 steel flywheel for less than just a flywheel from V/W. This kit will retain stock like pedal characteristics along with much improved clamping force & larger diameter clutch assembly. Lighter OEM Steel flywheel only 14lbs versus 22 lbs of the stock 1.8T. This is not a lightened modified OEM flywheel like others.

20-30% more clamping force than stock clutch!
Faster spool-ups & more horsepower! (ricer ricer ricer ricer!!)
Kit uses OEM Sachs VR6 Clutch pieces
Kit is good up to 200-250 wheel Horsepower & up to approx 275lbs of wheel torque
Excellent pedal feel pedal retains OEM type feel. Kit includes the following parts:
Lightweight steel ECS flywheel
Sachs clutch pressure plate
Sachs clutch disc
Sach’s OEM throw out bearing
OEM flywheel bolts
ECS Installation tool

Save 27%!
$314.97
$432.00

Get a stage II

Stage 5 or don’t bother

the clutch listed is more than he needs. people are using GT28Rs’s with that clutch. his ill running K03 wont do anything to it

get stock… i got stage 2 .but you dont need it ya no

oem clutch

LUK - OEM Dual Mass Flywheel & Clutch Assembly-5 Speed Only ES#2350
225mm, comes with clutch assembly learn more $649.95

vs what i posted(ECS Stage 1)
ECS - VW Stage 1 Clutch Kit (228mm) With Light Weight Steel ECS 14lbs Flywheel, 225-275hp ES#125 Free Shipping
VW clutch kit for your 1.8T. Complete kit includes flywheel, pressure plate, disc and all hardware.
$314.97

so yeah man GET THE STOCK ONE! dont listen to me. :idiots

Stage 1.5 then. How the hell is this rated at 225-275HP?

i duno man, i dont create the ads. this kid doesnt even need the “stage 1” but his budget doesnt allow a stock 1.8t setup… maybe i should have kept my old clutch, coulda travis’d him… it was like new

LOL!!!

ECS has good pricing. go with that one. it’ll work out fine. and its less than the OEM and should hold up well.

oh yea? based on what experience with it? you have an auto :umm

oh shit !!! :wow

thats why i said “should”, because i dont know for sure if it will.

for what hes got, and will ever do. its plenty. this clutch is the same basic clutch pete(30rlogikless) had in his car on his 50trim and the 30r for a bit. only difference was the brand selling it… same G60 flywheel, same VR6 clutch disk.

i’ll sell my flywheel, pp, clutch for 150 bucks all together. you are getting the pp and disc for 30 bucksss!!!

does it matter if u have a diesel or gas when it comes to choosing a clutch, considering hp being the same on both cars(i think thats how they rate those, right?)

yeah have you gotten the ring gear back on it yet :umm