New DD to split time with the S4.

the problem is getting the rest of the computers to be happy… Missing message from TCM in ECU, ABS, etc. Considering there was never a 6spd, there isn’t coding available for that option. So the ABS is pissed b/c it can’t get a gear recognition signal, ECM isn’t happy b/c of missing message, and gear recognition for throttle cut for ESC and so on. Just bolting the stupid thing in is the easy part.

You can get taller gear sets but it’s $$. I was quoted $3000 for 1st & 2nd from AA.

TDI .65 6th gear alone is $800

Edit: What kind of prices did you see?

You can pretty easily put a taller sixth gear in from what I have heard, I think it is about 2000rpm at 65mph. NOICE! lol

for a fully rebuilt unit with TDI ratios it was a bit over 4K with all new wear items and gears. you could choose your final drive from a couple different options, choose your center diff ratio and LSD for the front drive was available but was not cheap. I will see if I can come up with the website in the next couple days. From the sound of their site I think they make some of the gearsets in house

---------- Post added at 06:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:25 PM ----------

The tallest gear option was 1700rpm at 65mph I think and If it were me I would probably go with that one… because there is always 5th gear.

I’m surprised some computer genius hasn’t figured out ho to code that stuff out. Like the guy who mad open source maestro like tuning software.

Calling matt danger haha :slight_smile:

There are only a couple cars converted so far so give it time. I drove one and it was nice, black tape will cover abs light.:smiley:

It’s not just coding, that would be changing what programming the car has, just identifying what it is. The car does not possess the info to code it to is the problem. You’d have to re-write all the lines of code and design it yourself. Then learn to write ABS code after you crack it, then move onto the cluster, and crack it.

Oh shit, that is a lot of work. Damn.

6spd rs6 is so hotness though

Zac and I talked about it a bit earlier. There has been some discussion around the net about it, but the only real suggestions are to just turn off the DTC for the missing TCU. But that doesn’t cover whatever ECU functions need feedback from ABS or TCU information.

Normally when auto cars are converted to manual you try to find matching ECU software from a manual car. The dude in PA that Mike met did with his S6 swapped avant (link). But there was no manual version of the RS6 in Europe. So the few RS6s that have been swapped won’t pass inspection in NY because of the CELs or whatever readiness isn’t set. Guys in other states don’t care and any possible drivability problems from missing TCU information might not be noticeable enough to them.

It’ll get figured out. Probably won’t ever be OEM smooth, though.

If you do sell this in the spring lmk I’d be very interested

The shop is looking good. Pretty sure it didn’t have that fresh paint at the dent wizard meet.

CEL is not on and ABS is not part of OBDII scan inspection so…