New Era, LSx cam testing artical in the new Chevy High Performance

I think I already posted some of this testing here. New Era was getting out of a bunch of DOD and non DOD cams in the G8 GT over this summer, on the shops dyno. Street tuning, NYI times and the LSX shootout trip. But Its cool so see stuff in a magazine, even with some mis prints.

Are you any way involved in this? If so I won’t be buying a copy or recommending it to anyone else.

Didnt read the article, but good to see local shops getting press time.

The G8 is in the current Gm high tech magazine. In the LSX shootout coverage. Here is the pic.:slight_smile:
http://image.gmhightechperformance.com/f/14424434/0903gmhtp_16_z+2008_lsx_shootout+2008_pontiac_g8_gt.jpg
The New Era Performance `08 G8 GT was in town to show off a host of new products, which ran a best of 12.34 with a 12.37 average. The L76 sports a DOD-friendly cam, headers, cold air intake and converter.

article is here

And your word carries so much weight :picard: captain bolt-on, suck-me-off mobile.

Impressive numbers that has been found in these cars! I had no idea New Era was working with FTI. Only experiences I’ve had with FTI and Ed Curtis has been in the Mustang world. I knew he did work with the GM camp, but didn’t realize it was with your shop.

Matt, Mike and Nick in the car, in a magazine. That’s pretty cool :tup:

now do you need to call said magazine… or do they call you … how do they find out about this …fourms or track days … just want to know how it all happens

Most likely from the LSxShootout that they attended. NewEra is getting a lot of National attention. Good to see a local shop doing good despite the economy!

My friends 3rd gen got into a magazine from a big show. They pick out about 10-15 cars they want to feature and do a big photshoot later in the day. Then they keep the pics and interviews on file and when they need a car featured they pick one of them.

:tup:

http://image.gmhightechperformance.com/f/14424347/0903gmhtp_04_z+2008_lsx_shootout+chevy_camaro_dragster.jpg
:lol:

SOM mullet ftw!

Yup, I put his “streetsweeper” cam in my car this year. Low 11’s stock heads/TB/intake, someone is doing something right.