New Era G8GT NonDOD cam results inside with sound clip

Doing just this cam on our project G8 car picked up 54 rwhp, this is a fairly mild cam, and with the right tuning it is near stock drivability! A custom tune is highly reccomended , and testing was done with stock torque convertor, but a higher stall torque convertor is also reccomended, but not necessary, and we also reccomend a long tube header system. Here is the dyno graph and sound clip :

other mods are:
ARH headers (1 7/8)
New Era performance intake
ported throttle body
Powerbond underdrive pulley

This is just the 1st cam, not bad so far.

Hmm… what’s the difference between a DOD and a non-DOD cam? I thought the system was activated/deactivated at the lifters.

And with premium gas still being around $4.30, I’d think having DOD/AFM would still be a plus.

great sound.

Thanks,
The G8 ran a new best time of 12.7 @ 114 mph on Friday

I REALLY like the G8, honestly one of the best quality inside and out GM has produced in a LONG time.

Nice numbers and great 1/4 time!:tup:

beat me from a roll last night

Thats because it’s made down under

love the g8’s… awesome times for a pig too :tup: How do they ride?

It needs some juice. If They lease the g8 gtp next year i might lease it spray the hell out of it and then turn it in.

round 2 this weekend

new cam(s) :headbang:

hell yea, im gonna be lookin for a lot of rematches.

time slip of the best run with this cam (1st non DOD), and stock convertor

Then so more testing:

We are now taking orders for this cam, I can sell it by itself , or with the rest of the components involved to do the swap. The cam by itself is $450, this is an Ed Curtis design (FTI) like the other one.
The cost of the cam with all the components involved to do the swap to get rid of DOD is $1249.

thing sounds supercharged. (belt whine)