New from GI

My name is Tom, I’ve been lurking for a little while, figured I’d introduce myself. I live on the island and drive a yellow 2007 Z06. I bought the car in late June to replace a black 2008 Corvette base coupe that I had for a few years. After one weekend at Watkins Glen with the base coupe I knew I had to upgrade to something more track oriented. Rugsr took a few pictures of my car in July and posted them on here. Still trying to get him to sell that little car of his and get into something with more torque…

Lol, good to see you on the forum Tom. I would buy a corvette but it seems like people just dont see them now a days. I feel like if I drove that someone might side swipe me :wink:
Hah, no really. Maybe Ill sell the S next spring and jump into a C6 with the C7s come out. I love the S2K, I just wish it was a touch faster without going FI. If I do get a vet Im thinking black on black 2008 or 2010 GS. We shall see how things go. $ changes once the family grows. SO BUY YOUR TRACK PARTS NOW!
Peace

BTW-we gonna see what that car can do at the track on the 19th? I already took down one Z06…I can probably squeeze you in =)

Welcome… Shot in the dark but you werent parked off of Bedford in Buffalo the other night were you lol?

haha no… there is one other guy that I know of in the area with a yellow C6 z06. I think he lives in Buffalo. Last time I checked he was trying to sell it.

Haha I was gonna say, it was parked waaayyyyy out in the street just asking to get clipped lol.

Either way, great car!

Z06 is some serious car, especially if you actually track it and need the extra brakes, handling, and extra jam under the hood!

X…

Thanks! I had this car at the Glen in late August, I was surprised how much more confident I felt driving it compared to my last corvette. I would have thought that it would have been more of a handful to drive. Mine is completely stock too, which is crazy to think about because there is a lot of room for improvement. If I buy a BBK, coilovers and slicks, I could be running 15 seconds faster than I am right now.

I had the pfadt coil overs on my C5 Z06 and it really made the car a lot flatter on the track.

X…

welcome Tom! love your car! (its Jason, mark’s cousin)

Welcome :wave:

I hear that black gs hangs with ya :tup:

Thanks Jason!

Thanks! I play cards with your brother almost every day at lunch haha

He claims he was running 2:25s, but I never saw it because he was always afraid to line up with me before runs! How’s your car running?

Welcome! So you have the V8 already now all you need is some burnout vids and you will fit right in! :tup:

haha you won’t see that from me, those rear tires are a little pricey

:tdown: lol.

It’s been good lately but I think about getting something with a little more aftermarket presence every day. Then again, my times at the SCCA meet indicate the driver is probably the biggest restriction right now lol

Cmooooooon a little smoke wont hurt.
Just dont do what this moron did LOL
same car too :tup:

well i hope not the same car, lol or else i’ll be buying a new clutch soon

lol true