new from schenectady

Have to agree with audi jay on college degree becoming the new HS diploma. I was looking for a job last year for what I was going to school for and there was nothing, absolutely nothing around here available. All of the kids who were in my program who are now graduating or have since graduated are having a horrible time finding anything with a 4yr degree. Most places in the psych/sociology field are now looking for Masters and beyond. Thankfully when I was a junior on summer break I was offered a really well paying job and decided not to go back to school that fall. I’d rather stash away all this money then get myself into debt with school loans(I don’t have any loans/debt in general)

@ Krazykid ^ :rofl

SO it is apparently confirmed that the letter was delivered.

Whoever wrote it thou is apparently a very unintelligent human being :rofl

any of you work at the ge plant in schenectady. and for what its worth to all of you that want to go home at the end of the day feeling like you accomplished something, AND have a decent paycheck, AND no school loans… go learn a trade and bust your ass. it will pay off.

^Troof

im trying! :thumbup

Used to work in building 66, back left corner… big brown one with a bunch of hard drive magnets stuck on the face of it about 25 feet up! lol, no idea how they go there though! hahahahah. I used to do all the deskside and server support for them.

Anyone work on the wind turbines?

that would be an epic job minus the huge fawking heights :wow

No but I used to hang out with the shop floor guys and the engineers and shoot the shit and check out how they make the stuff. Machine work was cool there too. in 66 the building I was in, they had a bunch of cool machinist’s I used to hang out with.

they built the pieces, they didnt install them on site! lol BUT the turbines, and the parts are HUGE in real life. Watching them sling dont know howmany ton billet steel blanks they machine down 20 feet in the air off the shop floor was crazy! The hunks of steel are like 15 feet in DIA and about 25 feet long!

Some cool shit there.

Speaking of which, I wonder if Obama walked around the shopfloor and liked the nudie pics and shit guys had posted on their computers, work areas and tool boxes! lol

I am sure obama thought to himself about smooshing a few.:lol

btw this is sorta what i was thinking when it comes to working on turbines etc.

LOL more like this

:eek2 yup that will never be me up there lol

Its funny cause some one on here who works at GE in the machine shop had a chat with Obama showing him around

My company makes preservation covers for the bearings and turbines. The sizes of the them are utterly comical. I was curious if anyone on here actually handled or installed the covers…

ball bags

College is nothing more than a holding tank for people who aren’t ready to go out and live life in the real world.

Well for some jobs you kind of need a degree and cant be some random smuck off the street

Lots of blanket statements in this thread. Different fields have different “optimal” educational paths. /thread

Don’t jump out of a car with a baseball bat. /thread