New GTR R35 VS Corvette C6 Z06

[ame=“http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjmyt52-c8c”]YouTube - New GTR R35 VS Corvette C6 Z06 Race in Oman.[/ame]

I’m not surprised… but it makes you think… are the times given from nissan for the gt-r going around the 'ring accurate, or are they lying again, like they did with the r33?

I want my 4 minutes back. Who the fuck places any weight on results that come from a video like that, dark and roll racing. stupid.

Nissan didn’t lie about anything, they did the exact same thing that almost every manufacturer competing for lap records did, for production cars. They changed a spec (or few), the difference is…sometime you hear about it, sometimes you don’t. Domestic guys cry foul when an import manufacturer sets a new record, and vice versa. Whatever model is being tested inevitably comes to the consumer in a variety of “tunes” so to speak.

uhhh they went from a dead stop in the video?

so what you are saying is they can change anything they want to get good numbers, but then return it to stock for the production car.

Might as well send the zr1 around the 'ring with slicks on.

No I’m not saying they should, but they do. What ever car comes out on top is instantly accused of non-stock modifications. I was just stating that it does happen, but if you are competing for PRODUCTION lap records… I agree, it should compete in the EXACT form the customer orders. Op top of that I think it they should compare two cars in the version produced for a specific market, i.e. not JDM to UKDM or something.

As for the video, who the fuck are the drivers, and what could possibly make you believe the results…it’s not controlled at all is my point.

I learned nothing from that vid. Either way, both are sweet rides.

z06>

vid shows nothing worth viewing…

horrible video.
that oman dude owns both cars.

that video sucked my nuts. all it showed me is where all the money from our gas is going to… fuckers

You coulda just said “I love imports, GTR wasn’t racing” :rolleyes:

As far as nissan not lying, you must not be familiar with the R33 times, as previously posted. I’m not entirely sure of the rumor, but understand that the R33 was modified to get the sub 8 minute ring time, which no professional drivers could come close to backing up with the production car.

Besides, his warranty on the GTR is voided already because he took of the traction control (as he needed to in order to place the car into the launch mode).

x2, and the orignal time posted by the GTR was 7:38 then it goes 7:29. and was said to use slicks better suspension to drop almost 10 seconds on the ring.

and it is very very gay that the Traction control will void the warranty. that is the dumbest thing nissan could have done

is that 100% true? (traction control)

power doesnt mean much on the ring… the Z06 is 2 seconds slower around the ring than the bugatti 1000hp veyron

Spec V GTR may actually hang with the Z06 in a straight line from the results of that race and the specs i’ve been seeing

Yes. I can find it for you if you want.

You’re kidding, right? Its a high speed track.

Besides, the Veyron is a luxury car with a big hammer. I also doubt that they ran the car very hard on the track… if something went south it would be a 1.6 million dollar mistake. I’m betting a big power/acceleration car with relatively mediocre handling would bring trouble upon itself relatively easily. I bet that time was done by pussyfooting around the corners and hammering it down the straights. The bumps also don’t favor a car that weighs that much

I would at least expect that for two reasons. The specs are ridiculous on that car over the regular GTR… and the GTR was hyped up to be faster anyway, so its about time.

You’re kidding, right? Its a high speed track.

Besides, the Veyron is a luxury car with a big hammer. I also doubt that they ran the car very hard on the track… if something went south it would be a 1.6 million dollar mistake. I’m betting a big power/acceleration car with relatively mediocre handling would bring trouble upon itself relatively easily. I bet that time was done by pussyfooting around the corners and hammering it down the straights. The bumps also don’t favor a car that weighs that much

no i’m not kidding…you realize how many turns are on that track??
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Nordschleife.png

if they did pussy foot that car it would make sense to the times

but still a veyron is a car that will trap near 140mph in the 1/4. weight to power is 4 to 1. Z06 is at 6.3 to 1.

Another point, the Koenigsegg CCR will do 240mph maybe more, and has better power to weight than the veyron but yet it didnt post up a super ultra fast time on the ring… although good at 7.34, its got over 200 hp more than the GT2 porsche and is a tad lighter yet ran 2 seconds slower! ZR1 is only a 205mph car and has less power/more weight as well yet it destroyed the CCR, another car that will trap over 140mph in the 1/4 more than likely

the Ring is high speed on the two big straights, but also very twisty and more handling oriented i think than speed