New guy

Hello, I’m Chris and I drive a Mazda Protege wagon. From what I understand you guys don’t like HP claims so my car has 100whp.

If you don’t believe it is that low well I can’t prove you wrong, I don’t have any dyno charts, but stock the 2.0 Proteges put down 95-105whp depending on the alignment of the stars.

I think I registered on here a long time ago (maybe a month ago or more) but just saw the approval e-mail show up today so here I am. I think I had a question to ask but really can’t remember right now my brain is fried.

SIQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ

yeah balls out if you get into the 16s in the quarter mile then you’re a good driver (serious)

sad but true. The car slaloms like a monster even in stock form though.

Oh also right now I’m not even driving it because I got rear-ended on the thruway a week ago today. My back is still effed from that

Wanna race?

I know you’re kidding but --with the rental 08 malibu? lol it’s an autotragic… :’( ruins my life whenever I see the thing.

also I doubt there’s any tracks open. If you’re talking with my Protege it’s a slow wagon and I wouldn’t ever put it on a quarter mile track :slight_smile:

Herro.

welcome :wave:

welcome

dont hate on the P5’s…fun little cars :slight_smile:

Incredibly fun, that’s the only way I could tolerate the 100whp in a 2720 pound car thing.

hi Chris :slight_smile: glad to see you are still around

wait aren’t you the guy that put a turbo on his Protege?

and hi

I’m still here yeah :slight_smile: I’ve been so busy with school but I’m reorganizing my forum preferences so that I can stay active on the important ones even when I do have a heavy workload.

This might be against the rules (I’m gonna go check right now) but I’m an admin on a brand new mazda forum www.themazdaforum.com so if any of you have mazdas and want in on a very technical knowledgeable drama-free (we’ll see how long that lasts lol) forum community check it out :slight_smile: Constructive criticism of the styling and logo is welcome, though I don’t claim to be an artist in that regard (I’m an IT guy lol).

Edit: the rules mention no links in sigs unless you’re a site sponsor. Does that include links to like… flickr photo pages or forums that don’t in any way compete with this one? Also is it one of those rules where you can put something like ‘blahsite.com’ but as long as it isn’t parsed as a link it’s good to go?

werd

welcome. more info on turblow

otherwise ZZZ

turblow:
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2200/2083343613_82eed948c2.jpg

here is under my hood a couple months ago… only thing change since then is less red (the strut tower brace is stock so I left it red):
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1096/1460520910_8cdd5425a9.jpg

yes the intercooler piping is garbage, but I never have time to get to a shop (don’t know where there is one either) to see about getting it all remade. There’s like 80 couplers on the cold pipe :stuck_out_tongue:

Mazda Protege wagon class…arghhhhh :mad:

welcome aboard :wave:

Cool, 100hp turbo setup sounds sick :slight_smile:

positively exhilarating.

stuff:

• Garrett GT2554R turbo (smallest ball-bearing turbo evar)
  • Callaway turbo manifold
  • JDM Mazda FS-ZE cams
  • Intake manifold VTCS delete
  • Corksport downpipe (fragile… had welds redone in August though) - 2.5"
  • Mental Addiction Motorsports high-flow catted midpipe - 2.5"
  • Racing Beat catback exhaust complete with ‘is that a volvo exhaust’ tip - 2.5"
  • AWR 95 durometer motor mounts front, rear, and sides
  • HiBoost FMIC with HKS SSQV (with the ‘low tone’ insert to make it quieter)
  • NGK AFX wideband
  • Prosport (trash trash trash) oil pressure, boost, EGT gauges.
  • custom (crap) intake with AEM dryflow filter
  • Mazdaspeed ECU
  • Mazdaspeed clutch
  • JDM engine block heater (not really… more like Canadian-spec)

but that’s it for engine performance mods I think :slight_smile:

hmmm only 100 whp on a boosted one? if i remember correctly the stock ones put down 90-100 hp

I was so close myself to boosting one of mine…ugh i should have…

http://sonikempire.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10026/Picture_055.jpg

I only say 100whp because I don’t have a dyno chart to prove otherwise. Realistically it’s likely 180-220whp but mine isn’t until I have the paper :slight_smile:

sport compact car got 186whp with just a front mount intercooler and turboback (same manifold and turbo as I have and without upping the boost… which I have a little bit) and I have a lot more going on than that so who knows.

The car does have over 94k miles on it so I don’t expect it to be ‘new’ but when I did a compression test at 80k miles all 4 cylinders were what was classed as ‘like new’ by other protege folk. I don’t know how… I really beat on the thing and it’s an ancient engine design :stuck_out_tongue:

I hope it’s under 200whp… I don’t want to shoot a rod through the block (yes, the rods are that weak)

I still <3 the car though, can’t wait to get it back in a couple weeks. Hopefully my back/neck don’t still hurt then because the suspension is crazy harsh the way I have it set up.