New here, my intro, and my cars 96 GTI and 91 turbo cavy

do it all one color. multitone paintjobs on that car are going to make it look cheaper than it already does.

Well the yellow is just vinyl. I can change that easy. Im certainly not repainting the car and I think it would look even worse with two lines down the sides.

My other option is to use blue and silver checkers. Blue on silver, and silver on blue. I have a roll of each color that matches the car about perfect.

Good stuff, check out the DIY forum :tup: Welcome.

hmm, well, you could probably rattle can it and have more appeal than the current paintjob, but it’s your car. Any chance you’d be interested in selling some of the wire spools you have?

Ya, Ill stick with cheap looking. Im not scared. Not to mention there is like $1k+ of Spies Hecker paint and primer on there.

Whole spools? What exactly do you need? Colors and lenghts. If its not much I could prob sell you some by the foot or something.

Dan

[quote=“juicedz4,post:25,topic:26578"”]

Ya, Ill stick with cheap looking. Im not scared.

Whole spools? What exactly do you need? Colors and lenghts. If its not much I could prob sell you some by the foot or something.

Dan

[/quote]

well, i need enough to rewire an entire car, save for the engine harness, but it’s a gutted race application, so simply tails, fuelpump, headlights, indicators and wipers.

Well, youll need quite a bit then Id think. Maybee you could limit yourself to a handful of colors. I used 12 or something, but I wanted to retain the factory colors where I could for lights/wipers etc.

You may be better off just spending 150 bux and setting yourself up with a nice set of wire like I did. By the looks of your project Im guessing this wont be the last time you need wire. Its not like it goes bad.

Dan

welcome :wave:

I like the cleanness of that project.Wiring harness and everything.a big thumbs up.The color does make it look cheap but it will look better without the yellow.Hope to see you at a meet or two

Ya, it is hard to polish a turd. Im pretty sure a cavalier will always look cheap, hell it is.

How interesting, found those wire resources quite useful also for a project I’m working on. Would look a ton better than splicing/re-solder it all which I didn’t want to do

Cool, glad to help.

Welcome Aboard :wave: nice work.

wow, nice work with the cars man :tup: not a huge fan of the appearance of the cavy, but damn nice workmanship with it. welcome to the board

nice job on the intensive reworking, cavi is not my kind of car but good work anyways. have fun in the build.

I dont expect everyone to like the car. Style is an idividual thing.

I do, however, appreciate the comments about the work done.

^then you wouldnt mind another… awesome cars there. gatta have respect for what you have created.

Welcome to NYspeed :wave:

i like the vw