New lens test shots

I finally grew a pair and ordered the lens I have been looking at for a few months. Since today was my first day off in 15 days :excited I wanted to see how this biotch works.

Nothing special, usual shit:

we got cow! Solid work

Mooooooo!

That cow looked like he was ready to fuck your shit up

No exif intact!!! I can take a shot at it though and just go ahead and assume I’m jealous of this monstrosity of a lens.

Beautiful shots.

epic lens is epic

pics look great man

I rather enjoy the bird pic.

i love the first pic. makes me want to take my camera with me next time i’m at my grandma’s and go take photos of farms.

What lens?

My guess is that he splurged and went for the Canon 200mm f/2. Looks to be around that focal length.

:rofl

You would be correct! Canon 200 f/2L IS.

If we ever meet up Nick, I gotta let you try it. I can take a shot at 1/6th second handheld, the IS is a beast on this lens. Everyone bitches about the weight of it being 8lbs, but it balances out real well. It’s by far the sharpest lens I own.

I’d absolutely love to try it out! It’s on my lens dream list, lol. I played with one very briefly at the Photo EXPO in NYC but it was mounted so I couldn’t play with handholding it. It does look very sharp in these shots except the one of the bird, but then again that could have been motion blur.

Were these wide open?

We’ve got to meet up at some point!

Yea the bird one think I focused on the tree because the damn bird wouldn’t stop moving haha. Yes, all of the photos were taken wide open. :thumbup

my god…

need more cowbell

Very nice quality pics. Any pics of what the camera abd lens setup looks like ?

I dont have any shots of my own; but essentially its this: http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showpost.php?p=11515495&postcount=2276

Wow your lens is so. so. BIG

Epic cow shot! Lens is sick! Need some bad ass car pics!