new lot for the summer.

Wow theres alot of questions since i was last on here. to answer some of the question.
the owner of the new speed shop(Albany speed) is darryl carl also the owner of new salem saab and the 1300cc hyabusa powerd mod light ice racing modified.

The location is on central ave near Taft furniture.

The only race track racing mod lights , 1/4 mod light is malta speedways new asphalt track. im planning by 2011 to be in a mod light.

Here is a link to his web site he is just starting.

http://www.albanyspeedshop.com/mod/mp.htm .

The hours for the place to hang out will be on Saturday night 9 to 2am so there must be some way to govern the people who show up.

for those to lazy to read this is performance shop not a Pepboys. Darryl comes from a auto racing back ground so im guessing there will not be ricer stuff there so this place shouldn’t turn into Puerto Rico

this is the old Saab dealership… the owners are turning it into a speed shop and doing it big to try and put up a fight against synapse and RLM

Dyno drags. :rofl

That guy is the man. He installed my header iirc

The best thing is, is that the owner can ask certain people to leave. Lots of options (license plate/name list, etc). I’m much rather hang out with the fast/mature crowd than the lot-tards-If I wanna be stupid, I’ll go downtown.

if the place turns out to be cool maybe i’ll start going out more frequently. a place to go every saturday and not get kicked out would be nice. although 2am is a little early to shut it down, if people are actually gonna be there with a shop open its understandable, hopefully they don’t kick everyone out right at 2.

where did this copy/paste come from?

2 is fine…in bigger cities, that’s normally about when people would roll out to partake in whatever events may have been set up that night.

the “old” new salem??? i went passed tonight on my random night ride…and there is still cars there and still the for lease/sale sign out on the windows,and a few things still inside

for the money ur gonna be spending on a mod light,just build a budget sportsman for about 6k cheaper…be the sensable thing to do… and fuck bruce richards,hes a douche bag

Yeah, I was just by there.

This guy cant even run a dealership so what makes him think he can run a performance shop? He ran the Saab dealership right into the ground.

I posted the site earlier in this thread http://www.albanyspeedshop.com/show/tm.htm

I used my investigative skills of using Google to Google Albany speed shop and poked around on their site

who cares? its a legit place to hang out on saturday nights where colonie’s finest can’t kick us out of until they go under. its a win if you ask me.

Im just thinking its not going to last like that other dyno place in Latham

sounds good…maybe ill show up :tongue

I’m down if they provide dyno drifting and free beer

Its probably going to end up being “if you don’t buy parts from us you can’t hang out here” type of thing.

That’s a bold statement on the owner’s part. Both of those shops are huge names in the industry and took years of hard work to get where they are now.

I find it very hard to believe that this place is going to take off and be what they & everyone else they know want it to be

i agree its not gonna be an overnight thing to become wat RLM and synapse have spent yrs doing!

Kinda on the same subject, I’d have no problem purchasing water/snacks/etc at a Saturday night hangout to help keep it going.

ya know what the place aint even here yet , we cant really down him untill we see what it is like . who knows the guy could be great and cool as hell ,time will tell though .but all this bashing or critisism right now isnt gonna help it along . that bein said good luck to the guy he has some big shoes to fill ,and who knows he may be just what the "average joe " needs seein as redline now caters to big time shit