New ///M6 vs 911 Turbo *vid*

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5782964103205155527&q=911+turbo

that’s all.

M6 ftw …

I’ll take the 996.:slight_smile:

I will have to agree, one of my fav’s also.

:tup: to the M6, damm that pretty fast.

m6 is shweet, but 911 is much hotter and im sure its not hard to make it faster

Sweet, I’ll take the 911.

X…

i would actually tkae the m6 in this case. i dont like the interiors, and yes the motor would be a bitch to mod. but c’mon, the 911 is beat, and not so rare, and motor sounds like ASS. the m6 from what i can tell sounds awesome. wayyy better than the m3. m3 and 911 imo have two of the worst sounding motors in history.

I could not disagree more.
The 911 is beat?!?!?!?
That car has more soul than anything else on the road.
The 911 has won more races than ALL of it’s competitors COMBINED.

Edit: AND it sounds amazing! When I hear that sound it makes me think of the heritage of Porsche.

Edit again: Porsches aren’t made for drag racing. That M6 would be destroyed in a 6 hour endurance race.

I’d rock in the M6 any day

never once mentioned racing. i wont even get into that. you want a good 911? 993. the 996 model had 5 times the production of the previous. thats why you see them everywhere, and can get one on ebay for 80k. the ford gt has soul, the 911 has alot of owners.

motor sounds are all preference, but i really think it sounds like it is dragging a bag of pennies. and yes, it is heritage. historically, i think porsches have sounded less than inspiring.

and as far as endurance racing is concerned, i am sure you could prep one for a race, just like anything else, it has a price. but lets not forget that v10 was developed parallel to the formula motor. oh, but thats not endurance racing is it? :slight_smile:

The Ford GT has soul?:lol:
It has SOME soul, I will give you that.
Ford got pissed that Ferrari wouldn’t sellout so Ford hired Shelby and paid big money to beat Ferrari for a short period of time.
Comparing that to Porsche soul is BLASPHEMY!!!
You should be ashamed of yourself.:biglaugh:

I would guess the average life span of a F1 motor is less than 3 hours.:biglaugh:
(That will come in real handy with a production street car.)
Again, I’ll take the Porsche.:smiley:
I do respect your opinion though, Bimmers are great cars.

FordGT = Detroit = Motown = Soul

Porsche = German = http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/presents/shows/80.days/interactive/interactive/photo.gallery/1989.berlinwall.cnn.jpg = http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/war/wwtwo/images/nazi_propaganda_hitler_head.jpg =! Soul

I’m German, not black.
Maybe that is why I like Porsche better than Ford.

j/k

normally i hate bimmers honestly. but i lost alot of respect for porshe with the 996.

who cares where the soul started, the gt has way more soul than 996 911’s do. please note i am only speaking of 996’s. not p-cars in general. rememebr i dislike bimmers to start with. otherwise i would agree it is blasphemy.

you are right about the f1 motors though…but higher average rpms…blah forget it you are right. any other day i would agree with you on taking the p-car…handling, weight, driving feel, but the motor sound and the fact there are hundreds on the road made me change my mind today. shrug, what can i say.

joe

:rofl:

I’m sure I’m the only one that saw it, but the history channel had a series on a few nights back called “hitler’s managers.” one of the managers was, you guessed it, ferdinand porsche.

his cars outlasted his legacy, but the father of the modern porsche was (and I’ve always wanted to say this :smiley: ) a true nazi.

I’ve got quite a bit of german in me as well.

let me rephrase the i hate all bimmers. i like the e36 m3, e43 (?) m5, e30 m3. and thats about it. e46 m3 looks ok to me, but as a car overall i think it is overated. and thats totally my opinion, i know everyone fricken loves it and its their dream car.

I can’t hate on the BMW. . … . . but damn, I still love the 911. I hate to see that.

props to BMW for making a kick ass coupe