New money...

I went to get a juice out of the vending machine this morning and it wouldn’t take my $5. There’s a notice taped right on it and all of the rest of the machines saying ‘accepts all new 1’s 5’s and 10’s.’ Well that must be last years ‘new 5’ because this one has a star halo around Lincolns head.

What is the point of new money? Obviously it’s to make counterfieting harder but what good does that do if banks still give and accept old bills? I still get 1990 series 20’s, 50’s and 100’s from my bank when I make withdrawals. Seems pretty pointless, doesn’t it? I guess the fed just really doesn’t like me getting my daily dose of vitamin C in the morning lol

Yea, that happened to me at home depot at the self checkout… i was f’in pissed off >:

It’s the geriatrics that can’t see. Notice how the number “5” is insanely large on the back too. Becoming more and more like monopoly money everyday.

If anyone has some old money they want to get rid of, I have some new money and would be willing to make a trade.

Say $1.50 of old money for $1.00 of my new money?

LMK.

I’m sorry, but I hate this. Obviously it’s to make counterfieting more difficult.
Counterfieting cannot be “harder”.

I just got one of those 5s for the first time and it says 2006.
What’s up with that?
Have they been around for 2 years?

:word: The feds should really just blink their eyes I-dream-of-genie stylez and take all of the old money out of circulation instantly. Or maybe just declare all old money valueless.

:bloated:

Is this really a thread?

Sorry that your dollar didn’t work. :shrug:

I thought this was going to be a discussion about buying a Gallardo…

:rofl:

how much u wanna exchange??? what old money, like hte original or is pre-color okay?

lol

Now is the best time to make fakes because most people don’t know what the news ones are suppose to look like…