New Motorsports Park Being Built Near Syracuse, NY (CNYRP)

http://centralnewyorkracewaypark.com/news.html

Thanks, I spent 1/2 hour yesterday trying to google this with no avail.

lol, or you could have texted me…

This really surprises me…should be very cool.

Doesn’t look like a very exciting course, but I’m all for new tracks being built.

I wonder why they chose Syracuse.

there is a a special section for auto-x there…anyone know what the Synthetic material is for the dirt track

Wow thats great, nice to see its a pretty long road course. Hopefully they put in some banking/elevation changes so it does not look as boring as it is on paper.

Maybe to get some of the Fast and Furious wannabe morons off of Erie Blvd/Thompson rd.

The only think I’m a bit “meh” about is it’s still almost 3 hours to central square from my house. That’s pretty much the same time it took me to go to Nelson Ledges, which was a really fun road course, and they already do relatively inexpensive weekend lapping days. I just wish we could build something here or within an hour of here.

me too.
I need to get to a few of these next season.

oh snap they are guna have a skidpad, wonder if there will be drifting…

I don’t know exactly where in the Williamsville area you live, but I frequently travel from downtown Syracuse to Williamsville (Sheridan exit off 290) and got it down to 2 hours flat (avg 75mph). Central Square is 30 minutes from my apartment in Syracuse. So this definitely could be done in 2.5 hours. I know it’s only a half hour savings but honestly it’s not that bad of a drive since it’s entirely highway with 65MPH speed limits including the portions off the 90 in Syracuse.

more options can’t be a bad thing. I’m excited.

I can’t say enough about Nelson. Best track experience I’ve had so far, though I am limited to Dunnville and TMP.

---------- Post added at 10:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 AM ----------

The drive to Nelson is mostly highway too, and under 3 hours door to door.

I get to 'Cuse in 1hr 45min typically.

This is cool either way :tup:

[quote=“CNYRP Names Peter Argetsinger Chief Road Course Designer
Wed, 9th November, 2011”]

With Ground breaking set for the spring of 2012, Central New York Raceway Park (CNYRP) is proud to announce the appointment of Peter Argetsinger as the Chief Road Course
Designer. Argetsinger, a professional driver and racing instructor who has coached the likes of former F1 World
Champion Damon Hill and NASCAR stand-out Juan Pablo Montoya, will be in charge of the layout of the 2 mile
road course that will encompass the CNYRP facility. “I can’t say how excited I am to have someone of Peter’s
background and experience involved in the design of the road course,” said Donnelly Partners LLC President Glenn
Donnelly. “We want to make sure the road course is unique and challenging, and we believe Peter can deliver this.”
Peter Argetsinger is the son of the late Cameron Argetsinger, who was the founder of Watkins Glen International and was responsible for making it the home of the Formula One United States Grand Prix from 1961-1980. Argetsinger’s racing experience spans 36 years and includes living and racing successfully in Europe for 14 years. Stateside Peter first competed in the IMSA Camel GTP series in a Loa T616 and has numerous starts in the Sebring 12 Hour and Daytona Rolex 24 Hour classics. As a factory driver in England he competed in literally hundreds of races including winning a British Brands Hatch based Formula Ford Championship. He was instrumental in helping the team win a European Championship including setting a new track record at Hockenheimring. He has raced on all the European tracks including the Nurburgring, Monaco, Spa, Zandvoort, Zeltweg, Silverstone, Oulton Park to name a few. Stateside he has wins in the IMSA/ALMS Petit Le-Mans at Road
Atlanta and in Grand Am at Watkins Glen as well as a track record at Homestead-” Because of his extensive racing and teaching background Argetsinger understands the needs of the racing community” Donnelly said.

Argetsinger was Chief Instructor at the Brands Hatch Racing School UK , the Ian Taylor racing School at Thruxton UK, and set up Brands Hatch America in Florida, he has been a Lead Instructor for the Skip Barber Racing School for 23 years , was Head Coach for Formula BMW America a Global race series working for BMW Motorsports as a support series to F1 at Sao Paulo Brazil, Montreal, Malaysian Grand Prix, Indianapolis with training facilities in Valencia Spain. Additionally he has hundreds of private clients racing in everything from HSR Vintage, SCCA, IRL, IMSA, Grand Am, Porsche Club, Ferrari Club, BMW, Audi to name a few of his affiliations. His instructing client list includes Damon Hill , Juan Pablo Montoya, Ryan Hunter-Reay, Indycar’s Dreyer & Reinbold Racing, the U.S. State Department Anti-Terrorist Division, AC/DC star Brian Johnson, and even members of Englands House of Lords. He has acted as race director for this year’s Ferrari Club racing series, Chief Instructor for the Sports Car Driving Experience and is a feature coach for the Lime Rock Drivers Club.

“ I’ve raced on virtually every track in the US and Europe, " Argetsinger said. "I am looking forward to the
challenge of helping Glenn and his team develop something that is challenging and fun to drive while also being safe and functional. Remembering that both Lime Rock Park at 1.5 miles and Brands Hatch Club at 1.2 miles are amongst the most challenging tracks anywhere we feel that we can make the 2 mile road course here in the Syracuse area something racers will love. Amongst our design objectives are to provide ample space for passing opportunities to make it a track for racers, as well as space for Paddocks/Pits/Gridding/Autocross and Skid Pad facilities taking in mind the many functions different groups require.”

Ground breaking of CNYRP will begin in the spring of 2012. CNYRP consists of three racing facilities. A half mile dirt track covered by the synthetic dirt surface SYNDI, a 2 mile road course and a 1/4 mile or 1/8th mile drag strip. The facility is being built under the direction of Glenn Donnelly Partners LLC.
[/quote]

spring 2012? Why are we talking about this now? 4 years from now everyone will be pissed when the government shuts it down before anyone ever even drives on it.

We can only wait and see what happens. That fact that someone is trying to build something is nice :tup:

Best of luck to them!