new/newer sleds

so ive been looking around for a new sled and was thinking about getting a ski-doo rev…something alot newer thaqn my 97…like an 03+…love my arctic cat but ive heard alot of great things about the revs…ive rode my buddy’s apex 1,000 and another friends 05 f8…but the setup is just a little funky to get used to…with the whole tipsy being to high feeling…ive ridden everything from a yamaha srx 700 triple to an mxz 700 studded to an f7 sno pro…but i love my a/c b/c its soo light and i dont want to lose manuverablilty on the trail… i usually ride about 1700- 2500 miles a year and want something thats going to last about 3-5 years…i was lookin at a rev with about 3700 miles…most 2 strokes last to about 5500 miles b4 they need a rebuild…“most” as i say and have seen…mine having 4800 probably could use a rebuild to ensure i make it through the season…but what about the 4 strokes…how long is the average life on one???..can anyone guide me in the right direction… i dont want to hear about so and so having a sled for sale i just want some input b4 i start making decisions…for the record i plan on rebuilding mine and using it as sort of a back up sled for friends to ride and such…one where i can take it waterskipping/beating on and not have to worry about if something happens

Did you go to school in duuhwanesburg?

/thread…graduated form there in 06…any ?'s pm me

No questions just getting a headache trying to read your post

wait til ski-doo comes out with their supercharged 1200 4-tec. /thread

ewhhh that sounds nasty… i was lookin at the a/c 1100 turbo but thats waaay too much seld for around these parts

andrew seriously use punctuation and paragraphs that is a clusterfuck of words that i doubt anyone is going to read

the new ski-doo will supposedly eat that for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. It is the same engine that they’ve used in their waverunners for the past few years.

it was supposed to come out this year, but they pushed it back b/c of the market

that sled will be a animal
/thread

To many newer sleds at the grass drags for ya? I’m not to be of a fan of the revs, I think a ZR or newer MXZ would be good for you. The Yamaha SRX’s are suppose to be the quickest triple back in 00’ or so.

the 700 srx was nasty with a little work ,the cats susp sucks as normal polaris ,they are what they are

naw not that ive been kicking around the idea… i like the new crossfire 700…gable had one but i would never buy a sled from gable and i dont want a new sled…i want 1 with a seasons worth of miles…plus i want to go 4 stroke so it should last longer

if you want 4 stroke, def. go with ski doo. My dad has the yamaha and its a great motor, but after about 2 hours of decent trail riding you really start to feel it. The handling is really not all that great. I’ve never driven the ski-doos, but I have heard nothing but good about both the power/engine and the handling.

Revv’s have the best engineering and weight/power distribution behind them. Their is nothing like them.

I had a Yamaha SRX 700 Triple and as much as it was fast and powerful it lacked when it came to the corners, to heavy and shitty suspension.

The rev is an amazing machine, and they handle unbeleivably well. I would go around a corner with major ski lift and the revs would fly by me both skis on the ground. They are good machines…

snow arctic cat buffalo johnson hemi duanesburg massachussets john deeresnow arctic cat buffalo johnson hemi duanesburg massachussets john deeresnow arctic cat buffalo johnson hemi duanesburg massachussets john deeresnow arctic cat buffalo johnson hemi duanesburg massachussets john deeresnow arctic cat buffalo johnson hemi duanesburg massachussets john deeresnow arctic cat buffalo johnson hemi duanesburg massachussets john deeresnow arctic cat buffalo johnson hemi duanesburg massachussets john deeresnow arctic cat buffalo johnson hemi duanesburg massachussets john deeresnow arctic cat buffalo johnson hemi duanesburg massachussets john deeresnow arctic cat buffalo johnson hemi duanesburg massachussets john deeresnow arctic cat buffalo johnson hemi duanesburg massachussets john deeresnow arctic cat buffalo johnson hemi duanesburg massachussets john deeresnow arctic cat buffalo johnson hemi duanesburg massachussets john deeresnow arctic cat buffalo johnson hemi duanesburg massachussets john deeresnow arctic cat buffalo johnson hemi duanesburg massachussets john deeresnow arctic cat buffalo johnson hemi duanesburg massachussets john deere

that is easier to read than the OP.

I am looking to sell my 01 MXZ600 and pic up a rev myself. Plenty of 600 or 800 revs around for 2500 on up. For a great ditch banger on a budget you cant go wronge. There are tons of wrecked ones to get parts cheap too. The new machines are just insane, but are major $$$. If you want to pay to play, just about any mahcine in a trail performance catagory 08+ is going to woop the shit out of even the older chassis revs, snow pros… but will cost twice as much.

My uncle just picked up a brand new 08 F5 left over for $4900. he said they had a SnoPro they just sold for $5400 or something dirt cheap too.

Either way, the rider rides the trail, the better machines just make the crappier riders look good. I SMOKE people on trails with twice the money into their sleds with my old SC2 suspension MXZ600! It is all fun as long as I am riding not wrenchin!

yea… the basic 1200 4tec was up around $11k but if I had the money, I’d be all over it… lol. Still cant wait til the supercharged version comes out… mmmmmmm

yeah my buddy has one ive ridden before and its def og tpower but lik eyou said the suspension is lackin on a hard packed trail…def fun in powder except heavy as fuck trying to get on/off the trailer and a bitch to start when really cold…triples ftl…plus they hate ethanol…heard of many blowing up last season