NEW PICS ewoks 98 neon build

most of you guys know me but for those who don’t Ive had neon’s for a while. bought this one 5 years ago bone stock was dynoed with 94 whp.
following year had head work, cam and computer and a 40 shot gave me 176.1 whp with the help on synapse motorsports help with the safc tuning. consistently running 14.0 at 102 i was starting to get bored so i decided to go further into it Had the car 90% finished last year had some bad luck with a bottom end i bought from a out of stater only lasted a few 1000 miles a two runs at the track 12.89 at 116 with slicks, so i decided to start fresh again, and not buy someone Else’s block rather build my own.

last years setup

MOTOR
12.5 to je pistons
eagle rods
2.2 stroker crank
rotating assembly fully balanced
60mm mpx tb
Indy intake
shorty header
nx express wet kit
24lb mustang cobra injectors
crane 005 cam
crane springs/retainers
1mm oversize SS valves

THIS YEARS SET UP

10.5 to 1 je pistons
polished crank / oil holes chanferd
eagle rods
moroso oil pan /crank scraper
62mm TB
mid length header.full 2 1/2 inch exhaust with magnaflow exhaust
nx express wet kit 100 shot
crane ignition box
safc 2
p&p head
comp cam 400
crane springs and retainers

I’m hoping to keep it a steady 13.0 car on street tires Ive always liked this car cause it is very consistent with track times and been over all a decent car and i do drive it all year round.
i will post pics up soon of some of the new stuff and old stuff for you who don’t know me or the car.

;D ;D ;D ;D

all that work but no turbo? What made you want to stick with NA?

hey man i have a 2.0 sohc head sitting in my shed… cam sensor, valves,springs cam, etc… loaded… i just want it gone…shoot me any kind of offer for it and its yours.fuck, at this point in time, $55 to fill my gas tank and you own it… let me know if you’re interested.

You can get the same power from N2O if everything is tuned right.

:thumb for a neon that burns my T/A :headbang

To be honest with ya i had purchased a kit from Hahn for it but i like to be a little different and Ive used spray for a long time and have had good luck with it so i figured id continue the Na journey. kinda liked having a car that not alot of people build to the extent. most people when there here 1g neon they think so riced out stereo filled neon with big fart can and a body kit that doesn’t fit :lol.

Thanks for the offer EJ257FTW ill def have to keep that in mind I’m actually looking for a stock head to finish a stock motor rebuild Ive had around.

this head has 1 season on it from skip barber racing school. head is 100% good…no cracks and valves seal tight. i just have no use for it.

Met you several times. Always good conversations. Awesome times for minimal mods but paying for spray over and over again is crushing. You might want to consider going with a small turbo setup which would probably yield similiar power and maybe even spray on top of that. Some people are all for NA though but I would consider it.

hey jason … longtime man …always love riding in your car to DD for coffee…lol…always a good time

yes Shawn it was always nice to have normal conversations with people at the lot with out all the drama and bull. the paying for spray is def crushing i was just going through paper work the other day and came across the receipts from all my bottle fills and it added up over 800.00 worth the spray over 2 summers. like i said earlier i had purchased a Hahn stage one kit with the popular 16g turbo and was going to spray on top but plans changed and stayed on track with the spray route mainly cause Ive had really awesome luck with the combo due to the amount of time spent with Morgan at synapse tuning it for me and just keeping up with always checking plugs when changing shot sizes timing and oil changes. i had put a large number of miles on my original block that was stock bottom end which i still have as a back up.
its has been a long time steve hows things been? yes the dunkin donuts run were always fun just had to make sure both hands were on the coffees :mwahaha

Yea. The spray is a bit here and there but it adds up. The turbo kit would be one big payment. The tuning shouldnt be that bad either. Consider it. :slight_smile:

Oh this is Jason?
Whats up man?
Havent seen you in mad long

yeah man it has been a long time lost touch with alot of people. whats new with you?

I miss my 95, im actually (hopefully) getting a 98 r/t 5spd as a commuter to work while my 240 is being built up. and btw nice car

Not much man.
Check out my 2 build threads

And if ur still doin body work, I got rearended and I could use my bumper painted…

Welcome Jason! Long time no see.

The two step on the Neon is just :bowdown

haha the two step is awsome

Heres a dyno video from a year ago i came across at synapse’s old shop. stock block with just minor head work cam and a 40 shot i think it was

heres a vid from the valley running 35 shot against a rx 7 na rotary with street slicks

ill try to dig up some pics with the slicks on the car and old and new engine bay pictures

wow thats was the longest 14 seconds of my life :idiots

:lol its no corvette man its a n/a neon and he said he made a 12sec pass thats pretty fast