New Police Car

This thing looks pretty bad ass. I hope that they auction them off like they do the crown vics.

:wave: Ford & GM

Who needs the big three is right, bought time they realized its difficult to catch speeders, when you can barley out corner a dump truck.

Throw it up there with the “Laser FX” and all the other cars from “the future”

pretty sweet looking…

why can the have boosted diesel?..

why must the drive something that gets 28mpg?.. it should be a honda and get 45mpg

I doubt the loss of 80,000 cop cars per year is going to hurt Ford/Gm much. Taken from Wiki:

“In 2007, Ford produced 6.553 million automobiles…worldwide”

I didn’t dig much farther but I’d imagine GM sells much more than that.

the mopst up to date pictures of the vehical on their site are not of a vehical thats at all ready for production … im not even sure if they have anactual finished prototype yet

i smell impending sales failure

it looks okay…kind of has the same roof line as a 300c. the turbo diesel is cool :tup:

Right… um, I do believe that they are begging for $$ from the taxpayers. I would think that EVERY LOSS will hurt them at this point.

That looks HORRIBLE.

you find me a honda that makes 320/400 and gets 28-30 MPG

http://www.reelfilm.com/images/robocop2.jpg

YOU GOT MY MUTHAFUCKIN KEYS?!

Ford seems to be okay for now…claims they have enough cash to not need to tap into the bailout.

I’m not an expert, but perhaps the loss of the Crown Vic to Ford may actually free up some money somehwhere seeing as the car doesn’t sell much.

Regardless, I think it’s refreshing to see a car designed/engineered more appropriately for the law enforcement needs.

They have the right idea though… creating a cop car from scratch would make it 10 times better than a converted crown vic. Question would be, is it cheaper?

True… the police do get a large price break too … so its not like they are making much of a profit.

Old News…I think the company is leasing these cars out to each town, city etc then once they are decommissioned they use them for parts.

I’m pretty sure they said these cars will never reach public hands.

Why not the Pontiac G8 GXP for a police car? Its faster Than the Charger, Impala and Crown Victoria cop cars

6.2 liter LS3 engine pullingout 400hp

0-60 in 4.7 seconds

It seems like a legit candidate for a cop car to me

Shouldn’t cops have any fun?

and how much does the G8 cost?

never gonna happen. the troopers camaro was still top notch i believe.

cop cars do not need to be fast, that is what they have radios for. They do need to be strong though, hence why the crown vic was such a good candidate. it was the only car that still used a frame, so you can push cars off the road with little damage. :slight_smile: