new cop cars...

http://policecanada.ca/PeelON100_NC.jpg

http://policecanada.ca/accueil.html
apparently peel region are running these things.
if this is old news of posted. plz delete.

those rims are MASSIVE

Once again this proves how STUPID GM can be…
Like look at the new impala…
FWD…
STILL.
Despite the huge sales of the RWD chrysler cars…

Back when Impalas were RWD that was pretty much ALL you saw for cop cars, then they switched to the shit FWD model and the cops all went to crown vics.

Im scared shitless of these new cars. Theres 15 being released in mississauga and toronto area. I had a nyce talk with the guy who pulled me over.

holy shit wow, good thing im a careful driver and don’t drive wreckless… :shock: Police state :shock:

there is still a large quantity of the newer Impala cruisers in Ontario though, you have to admit.

but i heard rumours that the next Impala/Grand Prix/Monte Carlo/unnamed Buick are going to finally revert to RWD again, so who knows what will happen then? Ford will certainly be out on it’s ass soon, i’m pretty sure the only reason they still build the Crown Vic is for cop service, and that platform has gotta be 7 or 8 years old now.

yeah the new impala are garbage. i agree they should had kept it RWD.
and crown vic, i think thats true, only reason ford still have that car is cause they commit to using them. i wonder do toronto cops are gonna be running these thing shortly. yeah once they mass produce these cruisers, taxi drivers are gonna be rocking them, just like the crown vics.

i’ll still eat that thing right up…

but he’ll prolly get my plate…dammit… good thing it doesnt tell them where i actually live. got lucky a few times…

Running from the police is SUPER cool!

:twisted:

Wood…

once they get your plates its over man

its true, running from the police is cool. :shock:

GM will be realeasing the next Impala on the new RWD arcitecture that it has made in the last year. Expect to see them around prolly 2008 model year I would guess. It will be using the new Cadillac CTS platform which has yet to be released but I have heard that media who have seen it say its a big big deal this new car.

they JUST released A new impala…
Wow all that money gone to waste…

GM is dying a well deserved death.

I guess some places are also using the Magnums…

http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2005/03/24/020290.1-lg.jpg

"For the ultimate in pursuit power, the Dodge Charger police vehicle will be available with a 5.7-liter HEMI V-8 engine that produces 340 horsepower at 5000 rpm and 390 lb.-ft. of torque at 4000 rpm. The V-8 HEMI engine features Chrysler Group’s Multi-displacement System (MDS), which seamlessly alternates between smooth, high fuel economy four-cylinder mode when less power is needed and V-8 mode when more power is required. Fuel efficiency improves by up to 20 percent with MDS, but not at the expense of performance. Dodge Charger police vehicles equipped with HEMI engines will be able to go from zero to 60 mph in just 6.0 seconds.

The 2006 Dodge Charger police car also will be available with a powerful, 3.5-liter High Output V-6 engine that provides 250 horsepower at 6400 rpm and 250 lb.-ft. of torque at 3800 rpm, offering an outstanding blend of performance and fuel economy."

yeah but if you look closely, the “new” impala is just the same as the last one, but with new front and rear ends on it. and the “new” monte carlo? what the hell is with that thing? kept the ugly-ass rear end and slapped the new Impala’s front end on it…final product? most mis-matched looking car ever.

time gm made the monte carlo rwd