T.O. Cops got new rides?

Hey all I was just out cruising after getting an oil change and was heading home northbound on Mt. Plesant Rd. near where the cabbie accident was. I’m always careful to look out for cops around there, and wouldn’t you know it…a very ominous looking Hemi Charger was sitting up the road.

It was Slate Blue in color and had 2 middle aged dudes sitting inside it. I wanted to get a closer look, so I turned around and headed southbound, and when I looked into the car from the new angle I could definately see that the drivers side window was open, and when I passed, I saw a dash mounted blinky-light unit :shock:

Has anyone seen Cops in Chargers yet? I know they have a police package for them as well as the magnum, but I have yet to see any.

So, maybe everyone should be suspicious of any chargers sittin off to the side of the roads facing traffic.

Wow, That’s crazy because I just got back from my g/f’s school and following us was one of them, I thoguht it was security but nope, cop.

Weird thing is though Im in Trenton Ontairo, 2 hours east of Toronto.

It’s bound to happen.

I know in Peel they’ve been using the Intrepids, hell even up in North York I remember seeing Volvo cruisers.

No American companies make RWD 4 doors anymore. (don’t kid yourself, an old MB chassis rebadged with new skin and called a Dodge Charger is not American)

Ford kept making Vickies for a while just for cab companies and cops after they stopped selling them to the general public. But even that has pretty much stopped. Apparently the police package Crown Vics were death traps. A number of Sherriff’s offices are suing Ford right now over it.

Chev has the FWD Impala, but they’re awful/

My brother used to drive a police package Impala, and he said he was surprised more perps didn’t try to run from him.

The police Impalas are not much different from the street ones - reinforced undercarriage (for curb jumping) lights, etc, beefier suspension, but no power upgrades.

The police package adds more than 1000lbs … if you’ve driven an Impala, you would probably run from them too.

Dodge used to have the market cornered on cop cars. Monacos (Blues Brothers) Furys (Dukes of Hazzard). The 69 Furyt police package hit 200mph in tests at Daytona. Then there was the infamous 400/401 Hemi Dart interceptor. Hell, even up until the early 90s all Toronto detectives were rocking either St Regis or Diplomats. If you can find an ex cop Dippy from the 80s, you’ll have a hell of a sleeper.

If Daimler (the Chrysler is silent) offers cops enough incentive, they’ll corner the market again.

yea… i remember 2 years ago they were even using intrepids… and that was eglinton and bayview area… i can easily picture cops starting to use chargers… damn…lol

theyr gonna drift too than, i think they been pissed cause they had to go on the ricer side, the fwd side, when the gvmnt bought them shitloads of impalas they musta hated it, now that theyr gonna get hemi chargers theyr gonna be sliding with us, and after us ahahahah keepin it sideways dori police action, i wonder if the would tandem in mid police chase

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060209/ap_on_re_us/nypd_muscle_cars

http://us.news3.yimg.com/us.i2.yimg.com/p/ap/20060209/capt.nyr10802092307.nypd_muscle_cars_nyr108.jpg?x=380&y=285&sig=mnPNCoPrdTx9OfgqYRCfLg--

:wink: you would be suprised to fnind how many differeent cars they have in the back lots for police use.

GT

this past summer when i was at work ( Chrysler ), there was The following Car’s:

Charger’s ( marked or not )
Magnum ( Unmarked, interror was done though )
Jeep’s ( some marked, some not )
Intrepid’s Leftover’s, 3.2L RWD. ( all marked )
and two SRT4’s ( unmarked )

so yea, there are a few car’s that are around that are popo’s :slight_smile:

Btw, one of the SRT4’s have the stage 2 kit on it… So :confused:

i swear they decided against using dodge’s ad police cars? i remember reading an article stating that during their tests the brake fluid in the master cylendar began to boil, so they scratched all ideas of using the chargers or magnems

Orangeville has a Le Baron, Grand Prix supercharged, new F250, and they recently retired their 300zx

all of them are undercover except the f250

secret police…Canada?

What, you’ve never heard of CSIS?

RWD Intrepids???
How’d they manage that?

They drive in reverse.

theyr prob awd not rwd

damn…theres no running from them now if their using the hemi’s!

LMAO :lol: but you gotta remember how big is that car!, it maybe fast but just like the impala’s because its weighted down cop cars dont like corners or sharp turns…they tend to t-bone civilians or hit buildings…

Yeah, maybe, but even in 69 or 70 when Bullitt was made with Steve McQueen, there was a charger flying around San Fran on 40yrs older technology… (suspension, tires, no ESC)…And it still managed a good fight. So I would definately not want to mess with cops in a new one. :slight_smile:

^^^

Someone ban this guy please …

The new Charger has NOTHING TO DO WITH THE OLD ONES WHATSOEVER

The “new” Charger is an older Mercedes Benz chassis with a new motor and new skin. And it weighs more than the original!!!

FFS, the new “Hemi” isn’t even a HEMI!!!

It is simply a marketing tool … and apparently it’s working. Brain dead ninnies.

Hemi = hemispherical combustion chambers. That was new school back in the early 60s. It was so innovative because it placed the sparkplug directly in the center of the combustion chamber. Wedge-style heads had them coming in at an angle. This made it very difficult to get away with high compression without detonation, as the flame travel wasn’t very complete.

Now just about every OHC engine has hemispherical combustion chambers.

So even Civics have “Hemis”

And shitty Honda stepthrough scooters do too.

But the new Hemi Charger?

Nope. Not hemispherical.

Hemi = inefficient, gross polluter that made gobs of power

New “hemi” = efficient, 4-6-8 cylinder limiting technology. They took the original concept of the Hemi, made the combustion chambers wedge shaped and added a second set of plugs to fight off detonation.

I’m sure the Benz will handle way better, but considering MB stole Chrysler’s K-frame/torsion bar suspension design years ago, they may handle very similarly.

Remember what happened to the Charger in Bullet trying to take narrow sweeping corners?

SCCCCRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAPE.

Bye bye side of the car. Then again, the “mystery dent” that appears in the side of the Mustang was from Steve McQueen smashing it up in an “oopsie”

In fact, he made so many “oopsies” they had to bring in a stunt driver.

Mmmm … 440 vs 390. I can actually replay the entire engine sound track from that chase scene in my mind. Nothing sounds like a Mopar. A REAL Mopar. I love how they double clutch every shift. You used to HAVE to do that.

Remeber, it may be spelled Daimler/Chrysler, but remember, the Chrysler is silent.

That wasn’t a buyout or a merger or anything … a hostile takeover, and Mopar got screwed.

^^^^

Dude…looks like you have some pent up hostility…

Why the need for such a rant?