new project.

Since i finally got the monte right where i want it i picked up this for 2800 at the auction.

http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs060.snc3/14750_1162719955897_1464780172_30445538_2384268_n.jpg

1993 firebird
a/t lt1 all stock

plans as of now?
3.73 gears
stroker kit
some form of forced induction.

nice platform, good luck, awaiting more pics

nice find. good luck with it

nice starting base. Id seriously look into the 411 pcm/coils swap. this will ditch the horrible optispark and PROM computer. It will use the 411 pcm from the ls1 along with the rest of its componets. there is an article in the newest GM hightech about the link to their site.

quik, do you have any good build ideas or tips im looking for low 12s n/a

So which is?

Low 12s n/a with that platform won’t be too tough.

With the Auto the 10-bolt will live, a good torque converter and a shift-kit or rebuild if the trans is at all soft, ET Streets on the stock rims, LCAs and maybe a torque arm and you’ll have the drivetrain/susp for low 12s.

Get rid of the opti-junk as Quick suggested, headers and full exhaust, and a good tune and you might get there if you take weight out. Otherwise a cam (and supporting mods) should get it done.

Pretty cheap/simple.

-TJ

yea i considered forced but $$$$

FI isnt that expensive if you can do work yourself. if you have to pay someone then it can get pricey depending on who does the work. The parts sometimes arent the expensive part.

good 76mm turbo can be had new for 650, BOV and 44mm gate net you another 5-550. so for around 1200 you have your main components. set of 42s will net you about 500 rwhp, a single walboro gss340 will support that power level and your stock lines will easily support that level. 500 rwhp should net you low 11s at full weight and 10s if car 60s well.

using the 76mm turbo the 3" dp can be mated to the 3" exhaust that is currently on the car. you would use your stock mainfolds or even have someone make you a log and do it similar to my build

nice project, definately turbo that bitch!