New Quarter Panel

Hey… Well when i had my CRX, obviously like the normal EF/EG honda’s. They all have/had ruster quarter panels… So i went the scrapyard, found 2 mint quarter panels, cut them out, did the same to my CRX, and welded the better ones in.
Before i bought my car, it was brutally banged up on the driver quarter panel. I had asked the previous owner what happened… A 4x4 with moosebars hit him in a parking lot, which explains all the bondo/fiberglass in the quarter panel and it was still dented alot.
So as a temporary job, i filled it in properly and smooth, and color matched the quarter panel. Now as its getting closer to paint time for my 240, I know that the car is not getting painted on with a quarter panel FULL of bondo.
So my question is:
Unlike the CRX (A tin made quarterpanel seperate from the interior) Can i not do the same as i did with the CRX, Bing has a scrap car, I was offered to plasma cut out the quarter panel for myself, and weld it into my car… Can this be done as easy and the same way as the CRX? Just wondering, I’ve never actually taken apart the hatches interior so i don’t know what is beneath it…

Thanks 8)

How much of the quarter panel do you need?

On my car its cut out because Matt used it for his car, so its very do-able

Check out his car and you won’t be able to tell it was repaired.

Hmmm, A good section of it, id say from where the back seat windows start, to the tail lights if you can understand that…

Yah i remember seeing the section he cut out of your rocker panel at the back if thats what your talking about… He did an excellent job…

But im talking about the upper part, remember this was hit by a 4x4s moose bars…Above the wheel well.

Yes you will be able to do this. The rear fenders have separate inner and outer parts. The only thing that might be a bit tricky is if you have to break the beed holding the two together and weld it back up. I would try to cut out/in only what you need.