New Ride *EDIT* COBRA IS GONE!

^ i have the BBK bolt ins, but they are welded also…they were a major improvement.

:word: i have MM full length subframes welded in…totally changed the way the car felt

I had big veiny pink cocks welded in on mine, totally changed how it felt. :gay2:

Well I took it back to the dealer and they verified my complaint. They then balanced the wheels and found one of the back ones off. Re-balanced all of them infront of me and then we went for a test drive. Still shakes. I think theres some chop to the rear tires so I went straight to the service manager and told him I don’t want the car back til the problem is gone and that I think it needs new tires. They’re having their “lead tech” look at it tomorrow and call me. I should have just stuck w/ my Lexus’ haha. I just wish I was still a mechanic so I could look it over myself. Oh well this is what I paid the big bucks for I suppose, to have someone else worry about it.

[quote=“Boomin99GT,post:24,topic:40184"”]

I just wish I was still a mechanic so I could look it over myself.

[/quote]

So, when mechanics aren’t mechanics anymore, they are not allowed to fix cars anymore? lol. idk, that just made me giggle.

hey, its better they hammer out the minor shit now and get it taken care of…

[quote=“JuicedGT,post:25,topic:40184"”]

So, when mechanics aren’t mechanics anymore, they are not allowed to fix cars anymore? lol. idk, that just made me giggle.

hey, its better they hammer out the minor shit now and get it taken care of…

[/quote]

yes… I can’t balance my wheels at home haha. I still work on my cars at home but since I don’t have a shop anymore I can’t do my own things like alignments, tires, etc. :beer2:

lol yah i know…the way you worded it…was just funny when i read it…lol
and what, you dont have a wheel balancer and alignement rack at home? wtf…get with it, its 2007 lmao.

[quote=“bladez,post:22,topic:40184"”]

:word: i have MM full length subframes welded in…totally changed the way the car felt

[/quote]

Maximum Motorsports full length weld in Sub Frame connectors are the only way to go on these cars

There are issues with some of the heads developing a “tick”. Its basically a valve guide failure and expensive fix.

IRS needs a Diff cover brace it you increase the power.
Rear IRS frame brackets need a brace to prevent flexing and wheel hop.

There are a bunch of other important mods to get the most out of the car.

yep, good post jack. i was gonna mention those as well…they are pretty much a must if you decide to increase the power. I’d even do them in stock form for piece of mind

ahh geez another cobra… i need to become fast soon, i’m tired of getting beat by snakes…

very good choice :tup: silver vert, the owner of carquests is soooo hot

Did you run a Carfax on this? Rag top should not cause the shaky feeling you talk about…not at 65. Taking in account this thing has an aftermarket front clip, is it possible that you might be buying a wreck???

Aftermarket front clip?? Looks pretty stock to me :gotme:

uhh… its a Cobra. Thats how all Cobras front ends look in '03-'04 haha. Yes I did get the carfax and it was clean. Also its a tire problem its @ the dealer right now getting looked at.

very nice buy…very jealous…i want it

ARGH Please don’t take any car you care about to the dealer… unless you sit there and watch them.

whats wrong with the dealer lol i work for one…just alil higher in price thats all

I remember DeLacy ford telling me that i needed an entire new Mach 460 system in my old Mustang and it was going to cost me $800 or some nonsense, i went home, disconnected the battery re connected it and never another problem… plus their rates are insane, remember when west herr chevy charged Jeff $70 bucks to LOOK at his window motor… i would only take it to a dealership if i knew the person working there (you for example lol)

I don’t trust a dealer either, all I can picture is seeing my car go buy on a “test drive” being pounded on by some kid that works there.

well for the dealer i work on…they are strict about that stuff…beleive me…as far as test drives go the z06’s and all the fast chevys…the two master techs touch them no one else…i got to drive one once but for a quick drive up the street n back to make sure brakes were ok…but that was on transit…to much traffic to be stupid…i wouldnt be stupid anyway… so maybe from what i see my place respects cars as others dont? we detail every car that gets serviced to…

plus u have to expect dealer to be more expensive its OEM…its what exactly came on ur car stock…not aftermarket reman stuff (for stock to stock replacement is what i mean)

and labor is a lot anywhere u go…especially where places are flat rate (dealers)

Only taking it to the dealer because theres 2 warranties and a maintenance plan already on this car from the previous owner and because I just bought it I want the vibration taken care of under warranty. I’ll be doing all of the oil changes and everything else myself.