New Ride *EDIT* COBRA IS GONE!

Well I was doing some searching on Autotrader at work this morning and found a car I’ve been looking for for quite some time. 2004 Mustang Cobra Convertible. Only 6,400 miles. I paid more than I originally wanted to spend but a building is closing on friday so my bonus should cover the majority of the car. I kept the IS300 as my DD. The car is awesome and completely mint condition. I have 3 days to return it if theres any reason I’m unhappy so if anyone has any advice on major defects to look for please let me know. Also what can I do to stiffen up the chassis a little on the highway? She gets a little shaky around 65-70. I attributed that to the soft top but I’d like to stiffin it up if I can. Thanks guys. Heres 1 pic I snapped at the dealer on my phone. Enjoy!

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e325/Boomin99GT/MyCobra.jpg

:tup:

Not really a convertible guy (well, soft top at least), but I can’t knock a Cobra either. Congrats on the purchase and enjoy!

Nice ride,do they come with stb’s? Get bigger sway bars?

talk to bladez, he’ll tell u everything u need to do lol

hot whip :tup:

im nto a big ford guy, i just happen to have a 9 inch and a big block with trans all from a 78 lincoln that i wanna stuff in a foxbody.

other then that, dont really like fords, but Props on finding one sooo clean in nys.

looking good.

you bastard! I am very jelous, i have wanted one for the longest time. My old GT was silver, i love the color… i will get one when i get out of school… but awesome ride man! good luck with it, and yes talk to Ken (blades) he is the Cobra man around these parts :smiley:

can I ask what u paid, please pm if u dont want the forum to know

nice buy! shakey? my vert never got shakey…definitely get some SFCs and drop it some…
get to modding! you got some catching up to do!

nice buy!!! sorry I missed your IM…send me a pm and i’ll help you out with whatever you need :slight_smile:

Congrats Tom!!! i’m sure you will have fun cruising around in that!

my 01 cobra never felt shaky…hows the alignment? any weird wear patterns on the tires?

We had this long talk about TA vs Cobra

and you let me down :frowning:

[quote=“FormulaLS1,post:13,topic:40184"”]

We had this long talk about TA vs Cobra

and you let me down :frowning:

[/quote]

haha if these couple deals come through soon I’ll have a black WS6 next to it in the garage don’t worry. I want to start my car collection before my wife gets pregnant. Also I think the shake is because of a tire imbalance now that I’ve driven it a little more. Whoever put the new tires on at the dealer used pound on weights on the outside of the rim too. :picard: Hopefully they didn’t scratch it to hell. I’m going to make them road force it infront of me and use tape weights so I can make sure its good. Theres an extended warranty and maintenance plan good through 2011 through Ford so I’m not too worried. I also got a 5 year 60k warranty through CarMax so I’m covered no matter whats wrong with it basically. More pics up later.

when is the kenny bell goign on ? or TT kit

lol shakey at 65? thats so weak

regardless, should be a fun car

Check to see if you are missing a wheel weight…i had one fall off and it was terrible at over 55. Once i had it rebalanced it fixed it. Also, look into sub-frames and lowering the car…it’ll help tighten everything right up

prob a wheel out of balance

or it may have something to do with the fact that the car is nearly 4 years old and has only been driven 6,400 mile, rebalancing those tires would be a good idea

arent weld-inframe ties popular on fox bodies? id imagine that would be good for soft top car. vehicles.

you mind sharing how much you got it for?