New ride/impulse buy 99 Eclipse GST Spyder

K&N typhoon intake and a magnaflow exhaust… sure, ill take a video when I get everything put on as I usually do it anyway when I get a new car.

Is the G37 sold yet? lol.

If i could, i would prolly be the same way with cars that you are. def post up a vid of the exhaust.

hahaha, i give it a year before im sick of it… Maybe not, well see lol

saw the eclipse over at crc tonight and have to admit… the hood looks MUCH better in person than in the pics… looks like this is going to be a nice little ride when everything is said and done

Went up to CRC tonight and packed a bunch of sand in this car’s tailpipe

Was at CRC watching Lance do said act… LOL’d then remembered the cars exhaust is up in the storage and that my wheels were below the tailpipe thus filling my centers with sand. Now I am pissed off. goodbye. Cool story

thanks

your fired

http://radioactiveliberty.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/donald-trump-youre-fired.jpg

eclipse head is finally at hunts… They are installing oversized valves, dual valvesprings and retainers, kelford 280 cams bc buscher was taking way too long making there cams and port and polishing the head…

price was surprisingly cheap too

Nice, did you cancel the buschur work or something? Whens the AWD swap planned?

If you look a few pages down buschur did some false advertising I wasnt happy with… The price for there stage 3 head package was 90% UN installed… They wanted well over $1,000 more then the price of the head package to install, plus I would have had to pay for shipping both ways putting me at around $5,000 for my head… I still bought my valves, valvesprings and retainers off Buschur, just got the cams somewhere else and seems like im saving a TON of money.

I got all the AWD parts out of it, and need to get them to the sandblaster to strip them and recoat them… lots of them are alot rustier than I wanted to see them, but the big items like the rear dif, DS mounts for the body, etc are just fine. I bet Napa might even sell replacement control arms and what not with new balljoints the old things would need anyways… so it shouldnt be too bad.

better off with the Kelford cams anyway

For this build I woulda gone somewhere other than Hunts. I’m not bad mouthing them but when it comes to hopped up import engines they seem to lag and falter. I deal with them on a weekly basis and they are great for everyday machine work. Just not this stuff

Its all cutting metal, doesnt matter if its a big block or a B18. They are good at what they do, give them parts and they will put them in.

BUT I guess it can depend on if the WANT to do it. They make alot of money on big dollar v8’s so little rice burner stuff can sit on the shelf a bit, I can totally understand that.

Mark Atkins at applied flow built a DSM head for me a while back. Did a phenominal job on it like everything else. Not bashing Hunts I’ve never used them before.

X2 for mark, he did a awsome job on my head and highly recommend him and his shop, top notch!

head is already at hunts and is gonna stay there… I trust they will get the shop done correctly.

head is back from hunts… From what I can see they did a good job… Did extra shit that needed to be done that they did for free too that was nice…

looks great