New rs6..

Damn, I was going to order one!

J/k

I hope it does come here so I can buy a used one in 15 years.:biglaugh:

With all the automatic clutch systems available, I’d still rather have a manual also. I just like shifting myself. I’d shift the gears with the triggers for like a day and then probably get bored and put it in automatic :(.

whats with all these ugly sport back wagons coming to market? :frowning: If only they put that engine in a coupe or something.

Apparently you can’t read where it states a sedan version is in the works as well. Wagons sell everywhere but in the US.

Where does it state that smart guy? All I’m seeing are a bunch of pics, hp, torque, and 0-60 specs.

Must be written in invisible ink…:gotme:

It’s like 5 post above your’s, hey Being the smart guy I am I will even help you.

Not production but close. The 016 was used in the orginal GrpB cars but then they went to a stronger box later on. Kind of expensive though. Could’ve made it a production box but there wasn’t a need.

Similar to the 016 but straight cut gears and an added oil pump and an extra gear in this one. They did make it in a 5spd verison too which was nearly an 016.

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Drives/FirstDrives/articleId=124536?tid=edmunds.il.home.photopanel..1

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/GeneralFuture/articleId=120871

the new RS6 making 580 hp lapped the Nurburing in “8:09” in it’s wagon version(Avant) which is 132 lbs. heavier the sedan would be.

580hp in a wagon :eek:

I love the morons who can’t drive a true manual so they automatically jump on the “DSG is so amazing” bandwagon.

“It’s just like shifting in Gran Turismo, which coincidentally is the only time I’ve ever been on a track.”

And yes, I’ve spent enough time in a DSG M3 that I can say I’ve driven the “laternative in question” :wink:

If I’m going to race around a track and if I have the best lap time I win money, I’m taking the DSG every time. It’s faster, easier, a technological marvel and capable of doing things that are simply impossible to do with a traditional manual regardless of skill level.

If I’m going to race around a track or the street for fun, traditional manual FTW.

And which do 99.99999% of the people buying these cars do?

Considering DSG isnt in the M3, your opinion is highly misinformed.

Drive DSG.

And I can drive a proper manual quite well and I still love DSG. I do HATE BMW’s SMG though.