New Sled!!

So i got some good shit for christmas…

A friend of mine was selling a 1996 ski doo formula 3 600 triple…500 mile sled great great condition, old but they move out pretty good. I told my gf i was thinking of buying it and she bought it for me…

Picking it up monday, will post pics then, looking to pick up a silencer and maybe clutch kit, possibly a few other things.

Sled needs a good service, it hasnt been run in a couple of years.

Ive never owned a triple and i know theyre tempermental, anyone got good tips on how to squeek a little extra power out of it and any tips on how to service the sled since its been sitting for a couple years?

Any other guys on here ride sleds? Id like to put together a group of us and head out once i get this thing running, i have no work tuesday so i should have her going by then.

thanks for reading and thanks for any advice in advance.

Sick! Now let me ride it

indy440 knows everything

haha sure, anytime, you’d have to call me once in awhile for that though!!:banghead

thanks, hopefully he see’s this if not ill shoot him a pm

I have 93 polaris indy xlt spl (Triple 600)…They move out pretty good. I dont know much about getting extra powerzorz. But make sure you watch your oil, these triples eat it really quick.

I don’t know if you have shop to go to for sleds or what but i take mine to Cobleskill Power Products. A little bit of a drive but the good service makes it worth it.

yeah ill be doing all of the work myself, theyre pretty easy to work on i just havent owned one of these or one like it so i was wondering if anyone on here had previous experience with getting one to fire up and run well after sitting for awhile…i think piped and clutched this thing will rip, where do you get your aftermarket shit? i never knew the triples liked to eat up oil, thanks for that!!

Yea at first I had mine serviced for something that i dont recall…but since then i have done all the work myself. They are pretty easy to work on. When I bought mine It had sat for 3 years so I had to take apart and clean the carbs. I pretty much had to take everything except for the engine off the sled to get rid of mouse nests as well as grease all the internals. If you want some help with this thing just shoot me a PM. I dont go back to school for another week.

that would be great man much appreciated, i dont go back til jan 19th…i see ur in duanesburg, not far from me i live off 7 right near the truck stop

Oh and mine is mostly stock…Except for foxx racing shocks and a racing clutch but those were already on the sled when i purchased

yea that isnt far at all…like 10 min from me

gotcha, i think its gonna be hard to find new parts for this sled because of its age, theyre popular but companies dont stock many performance parts for the older sleds anymore, i think im gonna hafta jump on ebay and some sled forums. im hoping i can hit any grease fittings clean the carbs and change the plugs, its been stored inside so hopefully no animals made homes in the airboxes and such…id like to see it fire right up after that but well see.

found a decent clutch kit on parts unlimited only 160 bucks, made by EPI…anyone have experience with EPI?

my dad had a 600 triple a few years ago but it got stolen a few years back in canada…

it was piped with some clutch work…those sleds rip ass. If you want some extra power I have some stinger tips and pipes laying around for one…

siiick, what you gotta get for them, i def wanna make this bitch louder! i think id be happy with it piped and clutched and that clutch kit is cheap enough. but its not something thats gonna engage at 6500 rpms which is nice, its supposed to be an all around performance kit for trails and track.

and that really sucks how the fuck did they steal it?

they stole my uncles (at the time) 04 Polaris 600 Xp (tripple also) out of a inclosed trailer. Cut the locks, pulled the sleds out and good bye!

this happened right outside the Hotel.

not sure how much my dad will sell them for…I will ask him. They are dyno port stingers. fucking LOUD

damn man that fucking suckkks…unfortuneately shit like that happens all the fucking time, theyre just too easy to steal…yeah let me know id be interested in them…theyll fit my sled or will i have to modify them a bit? i ask because i didnt see what kind of sled your dads was…

get a hold of me if you need parts and/or a hand with your sled. i work for a shop that can get just about anything oem or aftermarket that you would be looking for. we also deal with Parts, and usually receive orders the next day. i have also done a good amount of tuning on those tipples and have been really successful in finding the sweet spot with out melting them down.

do you do quads and quad parts too?

yes sir

shit, where were you a few weeks ago when I needed parts? Who do you work for?