new time warner DVR software causing Audio problems

I have a SA Explorer 8300hd at home, and the software updated last night. I have an HDMI cable going to my TV, and an optical cable going to my surround sound reciever. I used to get most shows in dolby digital surround, but now they are all coming in as stereo, and my reciever is using dolby pro logic, which makes things kind of echoy… I can change the audio Coding from HDMI to dolby digital in the setup menu, but it still has a bad echo, and stuff like background music is way too loud.

anyone know how i can get it back to working the way it was before?

The update fucking sucks. All my settings were lost, and the interface is extremely laggy.

i like the update with the new menu and shit and they got rid of the stupid fucking blue screen in favor of a screen that says cannot view this channel at this time because you pay way too much for us to let you have uninterupted bandwith. Time warner sucks so bad, but they are the only option in the area. dish’s work when its clear, which it never is in this area, so thats not an option.

however only one of my 2 boxes updated. ive unplugged the other one twice… maybe i need to leave it unplugged for an extended period of time i dunno

i have never seen a blue screen or one that says cannot view this channel at this time. why would it say that?

I can’t get satellite because i have too many trees.

I still have my old interface, probably gonna reboot for it later but these boxes are laggy as shit.

:lol:

Waiting for the two Time Warner employees who are always humping TW to chime in.

THey’re rolling it out to each model of box one type at a time.

So some of you might not have it yet depending on model.

---------- Post added at 08:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 AM ----------

They push it out rebooting your box on your own won’t do anything.

My DVR box keeps cutting out the HDMI feed… screen goes black for a second here and there… I’m so ready to switch to Direct or Dish…

Umm I have had Dish Network for two years I can count on two hands the amount of times my signal dropped due to weather. That is no excuse my friend. If FIOS is not a option I think you’d be a fool not to go Dish Network.

Also… each series of boxes have set deployment dates… http://www.timewarnercable.com/northeast/learn/cable/navigator/nav_release.html

For all TW customers check that out you should be able see when you will have the new software.

Verizon ran out of money trying to build out FiOS :frowning:

tell me about it. Fuckers have spools of fiber everywhere. Such a disapoinment