new tires

i had read the test in car and driver some months ago , i went with goodyear F1 GS-D3
only cost me 1064 buck canadian. i wanted to wait till it was actually no chance of snow again , but this is alberta so there is always that chance…

Good post

Congrats

cool

Nice… :roll:

Those continentals were/are such shit. I’m excited to see how this car does with real tires on it

not even worth a actual comment LOL.

got the new ones on the car, som cornering improvement but now the rear end will let go because the front is getting more grip… steady state corners i can do about at 70 +(neutral maybe oversteer a little) versus 60 with severe understeer in the contis…

but now the rain is here, they seem to be very good in rain as long as no abrupt clutch drop type moves

I think this is off topic,
but the stock tires (continental) are they directional and asymmetric?
Like when you rotate them can you put a driver side wheel on the passenger side?
http://www.tirerack.com/images/tires/conti/co_contisportcontact_ci1_l.jpg

if u look on the side of the wheel, there might be an arrow. if there is, then they are directional. i dont know off hand, i never had them.

The stock conti’s are unidirectional. You can rotate them whatever way you want.

ya well i bought royal pizza for lunch, partially becuase sacomanos didnt have ham and peperoni…and it only cost me 11.93 including tax, I wanted to wait until i was more hungry, but lets face it im a savage and always hungry…

thank you for you input, it’s been very helpful.

Thread locked for purpose served

^ X2 i might buy royal pizza tomorrow now. :smiley: