new to droid...

Just picked up a droid 2, i have been out of the loop as far as what phones can do now… thing is amazing. What are some cool things i should look into with this new phone? i get the immense feeling that i am wasting the power. also, one thing that would be nice is to be able to turn some of crap off, seems like i kill an app and it comes right back.

any insight for this old timer would be great

Enjoy the droid!

See this thread for some app info: http://www.shift518.com/showthread.php?t=19117&highlight=android

press and hold the magnifying glass and then say a command into it (find butt sex, or Call Homo) and the phone will then do it. pretty cool

that is FIRE.

Just play with it, search the market for hours experimenting with different apps. It took me 10 months to finally root my droid but if you get anxious check out droidforums.net. Tons of good information on there.

guess i should have done some research, one of the reasons i got android was to root the thing, now i am reading that this droid 2 is like root proof… haha son of a bitch this phone has all kinds of crap running on it that i would love to kill

Its not root proof, itll be rooted very soon no doubt… but the bootloader is locked like the Droid X… So customs roms may be quite awhile before we see them

Get an auto-app killer
You will save 50%+ battery life and all your memory

yeah not root proof just more annoying i guess

searched apps i don’t see an auto app killer… i have an advanced app killer on here.

I use Task Manager Auto-Kill.
Set interval to kill, and block programs you don’t want closed

It will definitely be rooted, the phone is just new so like Shady said it might take a little time. It runs just as fast as a rooted droid out of the box, just no custom roms or anything yet.